Is 1PasswordAgent still in use? [only used by version 3 of 1Password for Mac]

luv314159
luv314159
Community Member
edited August 2017 in Mac

Happened to notice I have two 1Password background processes running, 1Password mini and 1PasswordAgent. Are both of these still in use or is there a chance one is leftover from an old version? I noticed the Agent has an older looking icon, and taking a peek in its application bundle, all the files inside are from 2014 (version 3.8.22). I have a ~/Library/LaunchAgents/ws.agile.1PasswordAgent.plist file which launches this program. Can I delete this? Or does the Agent bootstrap the mini? Not clear to me how the mini is being auto-started. Interestingly the Agent seemed to terminate after I launched the main 1Password app. Thanks for any ideas.

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @luv314159,

1Password Agent went along with 1Password 3. You can absolutely remove that plist file and the associated 1PasswordAgent.app as neither is used for 1Password 6.

Rudy

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @luv314159,

It's best to remove those remnants from 1Password 3 on your Mac that Rudy mentioned, ensuring they won't interfere with 1Password 6. Doing it like this will not touch any of your 1Password data.

1. Open Finder and select Go to Folder… under the Go menu.

2. Enter this text (copy & paste; make sure to include the tilde) and press the Return (Enter) key:

~/Library/LaunchAgents

3. In the Finder window that opens, delete this file:

ws.agile.1PasswordAgent.plist

4. Select Go > Go to Folder… again and enter:

~/Library/Application Support/1Password

5. In the Finder window, delete this folder:

Agent

6. Empty Trash, then restart your Mac.

Hope that helps. :)

• luv314159
    luv314159
    Community Member

Thanks to both for the help. Got rid of the old stuff.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome, @luv314159, from both of us. :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

This discussion has been closed.