Upgrading to 1Password 6

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: How do I download 1password 5?.

Comments

• bigdani
    bigdani
    Community Member
    Options

I had a problem with 1 password that conflicted with 1 password mini everytime I launched it, so I downloaded the app again (version 6 from app store) and it requested a new license for me and it forced me to use it in read only mode, really annoying. And this license was some kind of subscription instead of 1payment to own it. I contacted Agile Bits help but I never got a response.

Thank to this thread I've found a way to reinstall an older version of the app that works fine for me, the 5.4.3 version.

I've paid for the versions 1 through 4 of 1 password, and version 5 is running fine with my version 4 license.

Would I have to pay upgrading to version 6? Because you stated in this same thread that upgrade to version 6 is free of charge.

In case I can upgrade free of charge, is version 6 from your website different than the version at the App Store? Could you explain the differences?

Thank you

• Jacob
    edited August 2017
    Options

Hey @bigdani! Sorry about that. It looks like Megan responded to your email on 23 May. Did you receive her reply? The upgrade from 1Password 4 to 5 and 6 is free. :) I’m sorry for the confusion about an account though. Since you made a one-time purchase of 1Password, you didn't get an account. 1Password accounts are part of subscriptions, which have automatic sync between your devices, access to 1Password anywhere, and an account to access everything. You can create one to get the benefits accounts include, or you can keep using 1Password as you always have. Check out this article for more info about 1Password accounts.

Hope that helps!

ref: AUL-27274-277

This discussion has been closed.