1Password v4 and v6 Issue

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited August 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I have come across this issue where 1Password v4 is showing up in Firefox v55.0.2 but 1Password v6 is appearing in Chrome v60. I haven't been able to get Firefox 1Password Extension v4.6.9. to recognise 1Password 6.7.457. As the majority of my current data is in 1Password.com, this is quite an inconvenience.

I haven't tried rebooting as it seems unnecessary.

1Password Version: v4.6.2.625, v6.7.457
Extension Version: v4.6.9 (Firefox)
OS Version: Windows 7 SP1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @wkleem: This is all controlled by which app has native messaging enabled at the moment. Check that Enable Native Messaging for Chrome and Enable Native Messaging for Firefox are checked in Settings > Options > Advanced. Once both options are checked, restart your browsers and see if you see 1Password 6's data in both browsers. Of course, let us know if you're still having problems. :chuffed:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Kate. That worke. I thought 1Password Firefox Native Messaging Host would be ready nearer Firefox v57 which is due for a November 2017 release?

It's good to see progress.

• Web extensions for Firefox are actually fully deployed now, @wkleem and I'm totally stoked about it as I'm a die hard Firefox loyalist and would probably cry like a baby if I had to do without it. :wink: One side-effect, though, is that only one app (1Password 6 or 1Password 4) can use native messaging host at a time, so you need to make sure to swap your settings when you're switching between the two and restart browsers so the proper version of 1Password "takes over" the extension.

As for Firefox 57's release, I run Nightly, so I'm already using Firefox 57 myself. Looks like stable release is slated for 11/13 at present. It does feel nice to be ahead of the curve. :chuffed:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate, As a former Firefox user, it is great to see Firefox still around although there is an issue you should be aware of regarding Teams, Firefox, 1Password and Duo integration. I have NoScript installed and I get a ClickJacking warning from NoScript. The issue was reported some time ago but there has been no news of a resolution to the issue.

I just tried it with Firefox 55.0.2 and it still happens.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/77288/duo-and-1password-integration-issues/p1

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/352758#Comment_352758

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

The 1Password authorisation screen has stopped appearing for both Chrome and Firefox. I am uncertain when it stopped but I am not seeing it now with Chrome Extension v4.6.10.2

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Native Messaging is the new way 1Password extension integrates with your browser, so browser authorisation is not required for it to work. That is why you don't see it.

As for Duo, since you reported this issue directly to one of the Duo team members, I am not sure what else we can do here. We will continue working with Duo and improve Duo integration with 1Password. Thank you! :+1:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Greg:

Native Messaging is the new way 1Password extension integrates with your browser, so browser authorisation is not required for it to work. That is why you don't see it.

Thanks for the explanation.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: You are always welcome! :chuffed: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.