Lost many logins from my PC after the latest update. Entire list still on my iPhone.

My iPhone shows 138 logins. My PC shows only 65.

1Password Version: 1Password 4
Extension Version: 4.6.9.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Lost many logins from my PC after the latest update. Entire list still on my iPhone.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jmudd9: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the the exact steps you took and what happened so we can figure out the best plan of action. The more information you can give, the better. For instance, which sync method are you using, and what other devices are involved (be sure to include the OS and 1Password versions)? Be sure to backup your data from the iPhone, if that is the only complete copy you have. Thanks in advance! :)

• jmudd9
    jmudd9
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick response, Brenty. I simply tried to launch 1Password on my PC as usual, but I noticed that it only returned 65, while on my iPhone I show the correct number at 138. I am using Dropbox to sync, and am running Windows 10 Pro ver. 1703 on my PC. I am running iOS ver. 10.3.3(14G60) on my phone. 1Password for Windows ver. 4.6.2.625. I hope that helps out and let's you help me solve this problem. I will await your reply.

Lastly, is ver. 4.6.2.625 of 1Password for windows the latest software I should be using on my PC, or do you recommend some newer product or version?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jmudd9: I was kind of thinking Dropbox in the back of my head since I've seen similar things there. Once I had an overzealous "security" app quarantining some of 1Password's files there, which sync'd to my other devices as a result; and other times Dropbox just creates "conflicted copy" files, which 1Password will not read. However, are you certain that you're using the same vault on both devices? What is the path listed for the Dropbox vault in each app?

Certainly you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data — along with many other benefits. But while we don't have a lot of control or insight with Dropbox, there's a great guide here that is a big help when troubleshooting issues there:

If you’re having trouble syncing with Dropbox

Let me know what you find!

• jmudd9
    jmudd9
    Community Member

Hello again. I have decided to upgrade to a 1Password Family Membership, but have some questions first. To summarize, I want to use the file on my iPhone which has 138 logins, as the file to install in the new vault. The file on my main PC only shows 65 logins. Is this possible? I am not well versed in new installations such as the one I'm considering. Is step-by-step help available to hold my hand? How do I go about beginning this venture?

• Hey @jmudd9! There is a step-by-step available and you can find it right here. If you want to ensure your iPhone vault is used, just make sure you treat the iPhone as your "primary device" when following this guide and you should be all set. Of course, if you have questions along the way, just drop us a line. We're happy to help. :chuffed:

• jmudd9
    jmudd9
    Community Member

I have successfully enrolled in the Family Subscription on my PC. How do I now add the 138 logins currently on my iPhone to the vault on the PC?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jmudd9: I think that's why Kate suggested doing the signup/migration on the iPhone, since that's where your data is stored. If you setup your iPhone with your 1Password.com account, you can then move the items from your iPhone's Primary vault to the Personal/Private vault in your 1Password.com account. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• jmudd9
    jmudd9
    Community Member

I followed the steps Kate suggested but now I ended up with duplicate logins in my new vault. Is there a way to delete the duplicates other than one at active?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jmudd9: Indeed, Kate recommended doing the migration on your iPhone since you said that was the data you wanted to use. 1Password can't decide for you which ones to keep and which to get rid of, so you'll need to do that yourself now that you've already added the data from your PC to the account when (it sounds like) you didn't actually want it. Alternatively, if you still have the original vault from your iPhone, you could just delete everything in the account and re-do the migration from there.

• jmudd9
    jmudd9
    Community Member

Thanks. I'll try that tomorrow and if doesn't work I'll simply delete them individually. You folks are great to work. I only wish phone chats would be available for us old guys. One last problem to overcome. I've disabled Dropbox as my sync method. How do I select (enable) the 1Password sync mentioned earlier that caused me to become a membership holder?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks. I'll try that tomorrow and if doesn't work I'll simply delete them individually. You folks are great to work. I only wish phone chats would be available for us old guys.

@jmudd9: You're welcome! Please let us know if you have any other questions. Phone can be fun, but it's actually really hard to exchange URLs and detailed instructions — and images, well...impossible. ;)

One last problem to overcome. I've disabled Dropbox as my sync method. How do I select (enable) the 1Password sync mentioned earlier that caused me to become a membership holder?

1Password.com automatically makes your data available on any devices where you're signed in. The data does, however, need to be in your account. You can verify this by signing in to your account on 1Password.com in your browser.

Any local vaults, however (like the one you've been syncing via Dropbox) are completely separate from 1Password.com. Once your data is all in your account, it's best to remove any of these to avoid confusion in the future: 1Password for iOS Settings > Vaults > Primary > Delete Vault. Just be sure not to do that until you've got everything in 1Password.com. Cheers! :)

• jmudd9
    jmudd9
    Community Member

Sorry but I need more direction on how to set up auto sync between my two PC's and two iPhones. My primary vault resides on my PC. What do I do next?

• jmudd9
    jmudd9
    Community Member

Please, I need help in setting up syncing my primary vault which is on my PC to my other devices.

• jmudd9
    jmudd9
    Community Member

I have recently this week subscribed to 1Password Family Plan from 1Password 4 for Windows. I don't know what I am doing wrong, but I can't seem to figure out your instructions to date. The terminology you use is very confusing to me. For example, what's the difference between 1Password.com and 1Password? On my iPhone under 1Password|Settings|Vaults|Primary|Start Syncing, do I sync using iCloud, Dropbox, or WLAN server? I thought that by buying the annual membership family plan, syncing would be automatic? I'm confused.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jmudd9: Sorry for the confusion there! 1Password.com is the service and also website where everything is managed. This is a membership which give you access to your data in the browser, but also includes all of the 1Password apps which you can use to access your data on your devices (and do things like have it fill login credentials for you).

With 1Password.com, you don't use 1Password for Windows version 4. We have a new Windows app, 1Password 6, which works with 1Password.com:

1Password 6.7 for Windows: a feature buffet

Along those same lines, 1Password.com accounts do not use Dropbox, iCloud, or WLAN server to sync data; you simply sign into your 1Password.com account on each device to access the data you have stored there.

Did you perhaps setup a local vault in 1Password (probably called "Primary)? This won't be associated with your 1Password.com account, and you could configure it to sync via Dropbox, etc. That's the way 1Password worked before we introduced 1Password.com.

Are you able to access your data through 1Password.com in your browser? Have you signed into your 1Password.com account on all of your devices? If the answer to both of those questions is "yes", it sounds like there are just a couple things you need to do: make sure you have the latest version of the 1Password app installed on each device, and remove any local vaults to avoid confusion. Let me know where you're at and we'll go from there! :)

• jmudd9
    jmudd9
    Community Member

I seem to have won the battle with your help. All seems to work fine. Your clarification of 1Password vs. 1Password.com cleared up my weekend's confusion. FYI, that simple explanation may help resolve other member's call for help in the future. Again, thanks for your patience in working me through the migration from 4 to 6. Have a great rest of your week.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, I appreciate your patience. You're totally welcome! I'm glad to be able to help. :chuffed:

I agree completely that it may help others, so I really appreciate you participating in the support forum since someone with a similar issue can find it searching. :sunglasses: :+1:

And it should go without saying, but we're here for you if you have any other questions at all. Cheers! :)

• jmudd9
    jmudd9
    Community Member

Brenty, I've hit another speed bump. I am trying to add my wife to the Family acct. I've invited her; she's accepted, and I've downloaded 1Password 6 on her machine. I've received her Emergency Kit but notice that her info is different from mine. Also, when she logs in she must use my sign-in info, not hers. Did I do something wrong? Lastly, when she does log-in using my info she cannot see any vaults. What do I do now?

• Hi @jmudd9,

Each family member you add to your 1Password account will get their own credentials to sign in with, they should not have the same information as yours except for the sign-in address but the secret key and password would be their own.

Once they sign in, they will see the shared vaults that you've sharing with them. This is not like 1Password 4 with its standalone vaults where you must share the vault password and they can do anything with it. In 1Password account, you grant or revoke access to specific vaults for each family members, that way they do not ever have to remember your vault password, they automatically have access to any vaults you grant them access to and you can revoke their access later.

I suggest reading this article on how this works: https://support.1password.com/family-sharing/

Lastly, when she does log-in using my info she cannot see any vaults. What do I do now?

How long did you wait after signing in? It may take a few minutes for the data to show up. Try restarting 1Password app if it doesn't.

This discussion has been closed.