Suggestion: Generate password from keyboard

kennedy513
kennedy513
Community Member
edited August 2017 in Android

Is it possible to generate a password and create a new login from the keyboard if I am on a Registration page? I currently have to switch to the full 1 password app and create a new login then go back and copy it in. It would be convenient to have have a create button when I click the 1pass icon on the keyboard. For example, I am creating a login for this forum on my phone, so I load up the keyboard and click the little lock icon and it comes up saying it doesn't find any matching logins and gives me the option to browse. It would be extremely helpful if I could just create a login right there and it would autofill the url from where I just came from. Thank you

1Password Version: 6.6.BETA-6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 7.0
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kennedy513: It's a bit of a hack since Android isn't designed with this in mind, and it just isn't very flexible as a result. We'll continue to see if we can find ways to improve it, but the future is in the new Android O Autofill and Google's OpenYOLO standard. The latter is more relevant here, since apps that support it can pass information to 1Password on what they're trying to do and what they need — for example, if there's no login saved for the app, it can tell 1Password its requirements and ask for a new password to satisfy them, saving the new login afterward. This will be great not only because it can work with any app that implements it across all versions of Android that 1Password runs on, but it means less work for the user. So while what you're asking for isn't possible using older methods, there's a lot of great stuff coming that can help with this. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.