This plugin could help to achieve an multiple user solution on one machine under one account

Options

I really dig the new approach to have an browser extension that doesn't need the local application. In that way you could also solve somehow that you don't provide a multiple user solution under an operating system account.

An older discussion about that is here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/71545/a-multiple-user-solution-for-1password6-for-family-users

With the plugin I could use my 1Password Family account in Chrome with the extension. My wife could use the 1Password6 desktop app and use the corresponding extension in Firefox. In that way we could both use our accounts in the corresponding browsers.

It's still not ideal, but a workable workaround. :-)

/cc @brenty

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dahanbn: You know, I hadn't thought of it in this context since we're so focused on building and testing each new release, but you're absolutely right. I personally still prefer a native app, but certainly some folks may not need/want all of that functionality. So that may be of interest to them. One thing I haven't tested though which may be also relevant is having different Chrome profiles with their own extension setup. That might work too. To be clear, we're currently focused on ChromeOS and Linux for the new extension, so it won't work with Firefox; but it's something we may be able to expand on in the future if all goes well and there's enough interest. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.