To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Forgot MasterPassword

Options
signehartung
signehartung
Community Member

I forgot the master password and I've already tried everything you suggest on your website - there is nothing I can do. When I try to create a new account, it says that my email is already in use. How do I delete my old account connected to my email so I can sign up for a new one?

Comments

• Frank
    Options

Hi signehartung - Thank you for contacting us and sorry to hear about the Master Password. I noticed you emailed us as well and you're in great hands with Sean. Let's continue the conversation via email, we'll be in a better position to assist you from there. Keep us posted if you have any additional questions and we looks forward to getting you back up and running using 1Password. :smile:

ref: DVX-59234-851

• Charlie43
    Charlie43
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem (me, the big dummy forgot my master password).

• Ben
    Options

@Charlie43

I'm sorry to hear you forgot your Master Password. We have a guide which may be helpful here:

If you forgot your Master Password or you can't unlock 1Password

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Charlie43
    Charlie43
    Community Member
    Options

I decided this morning to upgrade to a family account. In doing so I got things all messed up. Fortunately, I still have my stand alone 1Password application that I can still access. In trying to move the data to my new 1Password account **I forgot the master password needed for the **new account. Is it possible to erase my new account and start over from scratch without losing the data in my stand alone 1Password app where I have 137 pdf pages of data at risk?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Charlie43: Yep! Any local vaults (like Primary) you have on your device(s) is completely separate from 1Password.com. I've sent you an email you can follow to delete your existing account, and then you can sign up for a new one. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Charlie43
    Charlie43
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! You are a lifesaver.

• Ben
    Options

On behalf of Brenty you are most welcome. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.