New shortcut options are not saved and default ones are used no matter what.

Options
Pahitos
Pahitos
Community Member
edited August 2017 in Mac

Hey everyone! I have a pretty weird issue.

Basically, when I change the keyboard shortcut settings, they're not saved. No matter what shortcut I set, it will not work and use the default ones which I had when I installed 1Password (cmd + \ and cmd + option + \).

Also, if I change a shortcut to something else (doesn't matter what), and then try to change it to cmd + option + \ - it won't work. Once I press those keys, instead of filling in the shortcut input fields, it opens 1Password mini.

I've tried reinstalling both 1Password and all the extensions - nothing helped. (edit: I've also installing it by using the .pkg file from the website, and just using the AppStore - same issue for both).

Any ideas? Let me know if you need more details.

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: 4.6.9
OS Version: macOS 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• amors
    amors
    Community Member
    Options

My variant: won't work shortcut for 1Password mini. Shortcut for fill login on web page works.

• Pahitos
    Pahitos
    Community Member
    Options

Neither work for me.

• amors
    amors
    Community Member
    Options

With 6.8 was ok. Bug appeared on 6.8.1

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017
    Options

Hi @amors and @Pahitos - well, I was just able to reproduce this issue, and one of my colleagues was as well. So that means you guys have discovered what appears to be an official bug. It looks to be preferences not saving properly, but we won't know for sure until the developers can reproduce and troubleshoot it. Thanks for letting us know -- and apologies for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, I don't have a good work-around for you, since if the preferences aren't saving properly, there's no alternate key-sequence you can use. But unless this proves to be much more elusive for our devs than it just did for myself and one other person here, we'll get on this ASAP.

ref: OPM-5268

• amors
    amors
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your feedback. Have a great day!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You too! Thanks for bringing it up! :chuffed:

• rohitkapur
    rohitkapur
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue on a clean install of macOS Sierra 10.12.6, 1Password 6.8.1

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry for the inconvenience. We'll get this fixed!

• kyrsquir
    kyrsquir
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Any update for this? For me "auto-fill" shortcut is stuck with the one that I set it to at some point, not default one.
    Tried reinstalling both main app (including settings) and chrome extension together, then it shows default shortcut in options, but still uses the old one.

macOS Sierra 10.12.6, 1Password 6.8.1

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kyrsquir -- sorry for the inconvenience just now. We're at work on a fix for this, but won't have anything available until our next update, at least. I don't think this fix will prove elusive, but we don't have anything to announce just yet. Keep your eyes on the updates; that's where you'll see it -- hopefully soon!

This discussion has been closed.