Mac browser extension conveniences absent on Windows 10?

Options

I'm a long-time user of 1P on the Mac who's just started on Windows 10. On the Mac the 1P browser extension, when the mouse is hovered over the name of a search result, pops up a window with the login's details and with an Edit button. On Windows, there is no hover effect and right clicking seems at best to allow opening the 1P application for viewing details (e.g., target URL) and/or editing, but when going back to the browser the search result is gone if the target page is not already open. And the application must be opened to see auxiliary info such as answers to security questions (right-clicking shows the name of the field but not the contents).

Am I missing a UI technique or is the Windows version relatively deficient in this regard?

Latest versions. Google Chrome on both platforms (also Firefox on Mac).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey, @brec, thanks for writing in! Those awesome menus in the 1Password extension on Mac are possible because of MacOS so we couldn't just bring them over to Windows. You can copy any of those extra fields (such as answers to security questions) by right-clicking the item and left-clicking the field name, but any manual editing does need to be done in the main app. We're always looking to improve 1Password mini and it has come a long way in under a year, but I'm sure we've still got some improvements up our sleeves. It likely won't ever look just like it does on Mac, but we're always trying to inch ever closer. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.