Suggestion for 1Password

Options
Plutopowered
Plutopowered
Community Member

Sorry if this isn't where suggestions should go but I found no other place to present one.

I would love if 1Password would make usernames in addition to passwords. The passwords solved a huge problem. Why not usernames as well? It's almost as ridiculous to try to come up with and remember them as the passwords.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Plutopowered! Thanks for the suggestion! I have to admit it left me a bit confused, however. Are you asking to have usernames randomly generated? Many times, you're not entirely at liberty to choose any name you like -- for example, it can be the email address you used to sign up. Other times, there may be restrictions on what you can and can't call yourself, if you're allowed to choose a username for a login. At least one of the reasons we don't have such a thing already is that a username is what often identifies you, sitewide, both to the site and to other users, if it's a public site like a blog or a discussion forum; in such cases, we don't often get requests for people who'd like to be known to others as 8rj8/(8#6f,4X?xk4MTfPEt8vbvB#sxh8 or unfair dirty candle beside. However, if you like, you can still use 1Password's generator and copy the randomized output to your clipboard for insertion into the username field, instead of the password field. I'll pass along your suggestion to our devs -- thanks!

• Plutopowered
    Plutopowered
    Community Member
    Options

By my post I meant that it would be nice to have random usernames generated if needed. I know sometimes that an email is meant to be the username but it's so annoying coming up with a random username if it's not an email.

There are websites that do this when signing up - they generate a username for you if needed - so I thought that 1password could do that as well.

• Ben
    Options

Our Chief Defender Against the Dark Arts posted about using random usernames here:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/70349/#Comment_70349

That said, we appreciate the feedback. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.