password generator is not callable

Johann_Gruber
Johann_Gruber
Community Member

After the latest update 6.8.1 for Mac, I noticed that the password generator with all settings is no longer callable. Before the update, the settings were only visible in English.

Please remedy. Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Johann_Gruber - thanks for writing in. I'm not sure I know what you mean by 'callable', however. Using the latest update, I'm able to invoke the password generator the same as I've always done. Can you explain in a little more detail what steps you're taking and what's not working the way it used to? Thanks.

• Johann_Gruber
    Johann_Gruber
    Community Member

Thank you for your reply,
    Have a screen photo of the Mac made to explain to you the situtation.

In previous versions, the password generator has automatically been displayed automatically with all other settings, now nothing is displayed!

I hope you can imagine something like this.
    Thank you for your reply.
    Gruber Johann

• Johann_Gruber
    Johann_Gruber
    Community Member

Sorry thy right Foto!

• Johann_Gruber
    Johann_Gruber
    Community Member

Hello Lars,

I would like to add that also no automatically created password can be seen - as in photo!

Thank you
    Gruber Johann

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the clarification, @Johann_Gruber! That's very odd indeed. You say you're using 1Password 6.8.1 -- can you let us know what version of macOS and browser (and 1Password extension) you're using? What happens if you try invoking the generator from the Mini in your menubar instead of from the browser extension -- any change? Does it make any difference what browser you use?

• Johann_Gruber
    Johann_Gruber
    Community Member

Hello Lars,
    Can tell you that since this morning, everything has been working again, Mac OS Sierra Vers. 10.12.6, in the browsers Safari Vers. 10.1.2 and Google Chrome Vers. 60.0.3112.101 from Mini. Again, the language is in German - in the previous version it was only in English - if you typed on the password generator.

Thanks for your effort.
    Gruber Johann

• Hi @Johann_Gruber,

It's good to hear that it started working again. I'm a little concerned about it having been broken in the first place though. If you see this behavior again, could you please create and send us a Diagnostics Report from this Mac? It only takes a few minutes and it'll get us some information that will hopefully point to the issue here. Simply follow the instructions on this page: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

In the email that it creates to send to us, please include a link to this thread so that we have some context on why we're getting this diagnostics report.

Thanks

Rick

• Loth
    Loth
    Community Member

I have the same issue with 1Password Mini, after upgrading from the 1Password client to an online account. Also: in the 1Password online environment, there seems to be no Passsword Generator functionality either.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Loth - can I ask: are you using standard English (UK or US) localization on your Mac, or a different language? If you've very recently changed to a 1Password membership and/or you've added/changed browsers, I'd like to make sure you do a full reboot first. If you've already done that, can you describe the behavior and also let us know what version of macOS and 1Password for Mac you're using?

Regarding the web application, if you click the plus button and choose either a Login or Password item, you should be able to see a password field with a key icon next to it. Clicking the key icon should bring up the Strong Password Generator.

• Loth
    Loth
    Community Member

Hi Lars, thanks for your reply. I use US English as the standard language; Dutch as secondary. I rebooted, and 1Password 6 Client and Mini seem to work as usual for Password Generation, as well as 1Password Online (after I followed your advice). Where it does not work is in the new 1PassWord mini that came with my upgrade to subscription: No Password Generator nor the + option after choosing a login or a Password Item. I use 1PW6 and MacOS 10.12.6

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

@Loth - thanks for the update, I'm glad the advice about the web app worked for you. However, I'm not clear about what else might be going on if you're still having trouble with the Password Generator in 1Password mini on your Mac. I'd like to take a closer look, so I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/387829
    • Your forum username: Loth

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number in the Subject line.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.