To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Sync items from primary vault to account after initial sync

jschmitz
jschmitz
Community Member

So I setup an account and moved my passwords to that account and deleted my primary vault - on all but one device (just an oversight). I then was saving a few passwords in what was still my primary (old) vault.

I could not find a recently saved password on my other devices, so I went investigating. This is when I discovered that I hadn't moved one device to the account. I signed in and then deleted the primary as the help page suggested. That's when I realized this password (and a couple others) hadn't synced. Fortunately, the Primary vault was in Dropbox and I could just restore the Primary vault.

So the question: how do I safely get this Primary and Account to re-sync? Again, I'm looking to end up on the Account and delete the old Primary vault

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Account

Comments

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jschmitz! Welcome to our forums :chuffed:

I'll be happy to help! It sounds like on that one device, the "Primary" vault was still set as the default vault for saving new items; so you should just need to manually move over whatever items exist in the Primary vault on that device but not in your account (or items that have been updated in the Primary vault since).

You can find our guide for moving items between vaults here; in this case, you'll want to move an item from the Primary vault to a vault in your subscription account: https://support.1password.com/move-share-items/

Just go through the items in the Primary vault, and move any that don't exist in the account (or have been updated in Primary since you did the original move over to the account).

I hope that helps! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.