I am unable to download the Firefox browser plug-in for 1Password even with security off.

Options
bluddy
bluddy
Community Member

Firefox indicates "starting download" but doesn't; cant drag 1password-4.6.10.90.xpi downloaded through chrome to firefox window for installation.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I am unable to download the Firefox browser plug-in for 1Password,

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @bluddy -- can you please try downloading it using this link, please? Let me know how that works for you.

• sgmichel
    sgmichel
    Community Member
    Options
    1. It don't works impossible for Firefox
  • Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sgmichel -- sorry to hear that! I just tried it here, and it worked fine for me. I do know that one of our extension developers was working on something which may have briefly affected availability. Can you try again and let us know if you're able to download/install now?

• sgmichel
    sgmichel
    Community Member
    Options
    1. I try again and :The module could not be downloaded due to a connection error"
    2. Since three days it does not work. I assume your version needs to be updated
  • @sgmichel : is there any possibility of you providing us a screenshot of the error you're getting?

Thanks

Rick

• sgmichel
    sgmichel
    Community Member
    Options

Voilà la copie d'erreur

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sgmichel: Can you please try the following:
    1. Open our browser extensions page in a different web browser (like Safari).
    2. Click the "Show all extensions" link and click the "Install" button next to Firefox. This should download the 1Password extension as a .xpi file.
    3. Open Firefox, select File (from the menu bar) > Open, and navigate to the .xpi file you downloaded. Alternatively, you can drag and drop the .xpi file into the main window of Firefox.
    4. When prompted to install the 1Password extensions, click the "Install" button.

Let us know if that makes any difference at all.

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• hanumanta
    hanumanta
    Community Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

I was having issues of it not installing in Firefox.
    I received this same reply as Andrew's from support this morning and it worked!

<We have seen reports of this kind of behavior when security software blocks the installation of the extension. Could you try downloading the extension with a different browser like Safari or Chrome from here: https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions/firefox Once you do, you'll have a file with an XPI extension in your Downloads location. Then, install this file manually in Firefox like this:

1. Choose Tools > Add-ons.
    2. Click Extensions in the left sidebar.
    3. Click the Gear button next to the search field
    4. Choose Install Add-on from file.
    5. Choose the XPI file you just downloaded.

This should get Firefox to install the extension for you.>

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update, @hanumanta

Ben

• sgmichel
    sgmichel
    Community Member
    Options
    1. It seems to work correctly. Curious method!
    2. I thank you
  • Ben
    Options

Glad to hear that worked for you @sgmichel. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.