How to delete second vault

gorham
gorham
Community Member
edited August 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I was setting up a password manager for my Kindle Fire and created a second vault so I could include only some items. I wanted to avoid messing with my primary vault. Aside: I've given up on 1pw for Kindle - I know it's Amazon's fault. But it would have been ever so much easier. Never mind.

Okay. I have that manager set up and it works well enough to give me what is essentially a secure passwords list. I have to use copy and paste to use it but at least I don't have to manually enter passwords.

Anyway, now that the other manager is in place, I'd like to delete the "dummy" second vault I created. I can't figure out how. As soon as I go near it on the file menu, I get sent to it and have to log on. But that's not what I want to do.

Here's a screenshot. I'd like to delete the entire "reopen" line and its offspring.

Sorry to be wordy. Guess I'm feeling chatty this morning. 8-)

Thanks for the help. As usual.

-G.

1Password Version: 1Password4
Extension Version: 4.6.2.625
OS Version: Windows 7 Pro (64-bit)
Sync Type: None. Local only.

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @gorham,

Thank you for reaching out and using 1Password!

If you side loaded 1Password for Android on your Kindle Fire, please use it with caution as it has not been tested by us on Kindle’s Fire OS.

As for your question. If you want to have only one vault in 1Password 4 for Windows, you can start over to reset your data in 1Password and then set it up from scratch with only one vault. Let me know if this workaround works for you.

Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• gorham
    gorham
    Community Member

Okay. My setup is very different but I used your ideas as a guide and have accomplished the deed.

I haven't spent time at all using the toolbars so I'm not sure what the default should look like for the stand alone version on Windows. Does this look right?

Thanks as usual for helping/rescuing/hand holding, etc.

-G.

• Hi @gorham,

Yes, that looks good. Reopen 1Password Vault is a history of previous vaults you've opened in the past, so you don't have to hunt for the vault files manually via Windows Explorer.

On behalf of Greg, you're welcome.

• gorham
    gorham
    Community Member

Thanks Mike. Nice to "see" you again.

What's version 6? Can/should I have that one?

-G.

• Hi @gorham,

We think you should give it a try but 1Password 6 currently only supports 1Password.com memberships, you can find out more about it here: https://support.1password.com/why-account/

If you do not wish to use 1Password memberships, then I'd suggest sticking with 1Password 4 until we release 1Password 7 with full support for standalone vaults.

• gorham
    gorham
    Community Member

Hi again @MikeT,

Got it! I have my (one person) team set up but only when it was in trial. I haven't been able to justify the subscription. I'm more than so happy you'll be supporting us standalone devotees.

Thanks.

-G.

• You're welcome and if there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.