1Password Mini is greyed out in FireFox

Options
Rakeshy
Rakeshy
Community Member
edited August 2017 in Mac

In Safari and Chrome the 1Password mini works, but in FireFox it stays grey. This happend suddenly.

Using the latests FireFox version 55.0.3
Updated 1Password to the latest version.

Removed and quit FireFox and also installed the Add-on twice.

Still not working.

1Password Version: 6.7.1
_Extension Version: 4.6.10.90
_OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
_Sync Type:
Not Provided

Comments

• rodwilli
    rodwilli
    Community Member
    Options

Identical problem. iMac 16GB 1867MHz, OS 10.12.6
    Extension grayed out in browsers Firefox & Chrome but not Safari. Safari extension works. Attempted several un and re install of extension. No love.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Rakeshy: You need to update to 1Password 6.8.1. The new Firefox extension cannot connect to old versions of 1Password, as it is now using Native Messaging:

https://1password.com/downloads/

Other than that, restart your Mac, and everything else sounds like it's up to date. Let me know how it turns out!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rodwilli: Are you perhaps running an outdated version too? Definitely make sure that your browsers are up to date as well as the 1Password app and extension, and then restart your Mac to ensure that an old version isn't still being cached:

https://1password.com/downloads/
    https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions

Let me know how you get along!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@m0nsoon: Definitely restart your Mac after checking for updates in Chrome to make sure there isn't something hung up there. And if you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and post the Support ID you receive here so we can take a look. Thanks in advance!

• rodwilli
    rodwilli
    Community Member
    Options

Running 1Password 6.8.1 (681005), Firefox 55.0.3 (64-bit) and Chrome 60.0.3112.113. Behavior seems to be site-dependent. Mostly works correctly but a few log-in sites results in grayed out extension icon. I'll continue to monitor and keep track of problematic sites.

• Rakeshy
    Rakeshy
    Community Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Thought I had the latest update of 1Password, I keep hitting the update button a couple times a month. Guess I skipped one.
    It works again, thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Rakeshy: Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! It sounds like you just happened to skip the one that's necessary for the changes happening in Firefox this year. Sorry about that! The good news is that we probably won't see a change like this again for years, so you should be good to go. But don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything else. We're here for you! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Running 1Password 6.8.1 (681005), Firefox 55.0.3 (64-bit) and Chrome 60.0.3112.113. Behavior seems to be site-dependent. Mostly works correctly but a few log-in sites results in grayed out extension icon. I'll continue to monitor and keep track of problematic sites.

@rodwilli: Can you give me some example URLs? I've never heard of that. The website should not have any bearing on whether the 1Password extension is functional in the browser.

• Rakeshy
    Rakeshy
    Community Member
    Options

Ok great, I'm good for now, thanks for the excellent responds.

• Good to hear that things have been sorted out. The web is in a bit of a transition right now on how browser extensions should talk to apps. I look forward to when we're in a pure Native Messaging world and things work as nicely (or better!) as they once did via websockets.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.