Computer not found after downloading update

Options
Nadine_VD
Nadine_VD
Community Member

I have iMac running OS X Yosemite ver. 10.10.5

I have 1Password on my desktop, iPad Air and my iPhone 7. Normally, I have no problem syncing the devices. This morning 1Password requested update and I did. After updating I tried to sync with my iPhone and I cannot. Message:

"Computer No Found
1Password could not find a Mac or PC t sync with. Please make sure your computer is connected to the same wi-fi network and is running app with WLAN server option enabled."

My devices are working with my wi-fi router. My Mac indicates that wi-fi is working.

Need a fix.

Thank you

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:how do I post a question?

Comments

• Hi @Nadine_VD,

WLAN sync has many moving parts, most of which are out of 1Password's control. We've created a document that goes through the various things that you can try in order to troubleshoot what's going on. Please take a look at our troubleshooting guide here: https://support.1password.com/wlan-server-troubleshooting/.

Rick

• Nadine_VD
    Nadine_VD
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Rick,

I rebooted the computer, plus router and then I checked my wireless network. For some reason, my iPhone "Wi-Fi" was connecting to a network that I do not use. As soon as I changed my setting to the network I use (same router), 1Password was able to sync between iPhone and Mac.

Thank you very much,
    Nadine

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Nadine_VD -- that'll do it, every time. :) Glad you were able to troubleshoot it! If you're ever interested in a way to sync your data seamlessly and without that kind of effort/problems, we created 1Password memberships for exactly that reason (and a few others). Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.