edit button disappeared for about an hour, and then reappeared!

galley
galley
Community Member
edited August 2017 in Mac

I've been using 1Password for many years. Currently using 1P 6. Earlier today, I created a 1P entry from Safari 10.1.2 while logging into a new account, but gave it the wrong name. I opened the 1P app (macOS Sierra 10.12.6), and selected the offending entry. But there was no Edit button as there has always been in the past. There was a locked padlock icon in the upper right corner of the entry (maybe it's been there all the time and I haven't noticed) , and a Restore button to the right of the + button in the lower left of the right pane. Don't remember seeing that before, either, but each time I press it, one or more items disappear from their category list, but still appear in the All Items list! I noticed there was as 1P update available, so applied the free upgrade to v 6.8.1 (681006). The missing Edit button and mysterious Restore button issues were still there.

I've been going in and out of 1Password for about an hour as I've been investigating these issues and typing this query, but now the Edit button has magically re-appeared, and the mysterious Restore button is nowhere to be seen! Can you tell me what just happened? And what did that Restore button do? I probably shouldn't have clicked on it when I didn't recognize it. Why did the Edit button disappear, and then come back?

1Password Version:6.8.1
_Extension Version:4.6.9
_OS Version:10.12.6
_Sync Type:DropBox
_Referrer
: forum-search:edit button no longer appears in lower right corner of right pane when item is selected. v6.8.1

Comments

• Hi @galley,

Based on your description, it sounds like you were viewing an item that was in the Trash. When in the Trash, things look as you describe (no Edit, but you get a Restore button) :

It would also explain why every time you click "Restore" the item gets removed from the item list. Restoring a trashed item removes it from the trash.

I hope this helps explain things.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.