iCloud Sync

Comments

• LRogers
    LRogers
    Community Member

It's a pop up when using Safari and clicking on the 1Password icon in the Safari window top bar to have 1Password fill a password. I've been using 1Password doing this for years. I have hit OK and then signed into my iCloud account (I have verified that I was already signed in). This keeps happening. I now running mac os 10.12.6, Safari 10.1.2 and 1Password 6
    Version 6.8.1 (681006)
    AgileBits Store

I notice in preferences that I'm not signed into an account???? This makes no sense. I have this account and I'm logged in. Is it possible to talk to someone?

• Hi @LRogers,

This dialog window and the resulting Apple ID sign in happen when you're using the AgileBits Store version of 1Password along with syncing via iCloud. You can confirm that by going into Preferences > Sync and selecting the Primary vault. It should say syncing with iCloud.

In order to get the dialog less frequently, you'll want to check the "Keep me signed in" checkbox at the bottom of the Apple ID sign in page.

Regarding Preferences > Accounts being empty... that can be normal. This preference pane is for 1Password.com accounts (like 1Password Families or 1Password Teams) as opposed to accounts like this forum.

I hope this helps.

Rick

• Chantal Coolsma
    Chantal Coolsma
    Community Member
    edited August 2017

Seeing the same dialog since the last build. Never seen it before.

I have turned off syncing and turned it to on again and re-authenticated with iCloud with your suggestion to "keep logged in". Hope it helps.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@Chantal Coolsma: Sorry for the inconvenience! Apple has been making a few security adjustments to iCloud, which hopefully, in the long run, benefits us all.

It sounds like you've done everything necessary to get back to syncing in style, but let us know if the "Keep me signed in" checkbox doesn't do the trick for you. :)

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• rsbae
    rsbae
    Community Member

I've been getting the exact same popup almost daily since the previous build. I was hoping it would go away with the latest update, but it hasn't. After I log into the Apple ID site to give it permission, I hit ok, and then 1Password syncs. The webpage never does finish loading, though, and I'm wondering if that has to do with my adblocker or Ghostery. Still, any other solutions? My iPad and iPhone have not asked once to give it syncing permission. It just works. Only on the Mac am I having this issue.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rsbae - one thing that may help is to make sure you check the box in your browser window to keep you logged in. Some users have reported success with this approach. Let us know if that works for you.

• rsbae
    rsbae
    Community Member
    edited August 2017

I thought I tried that, but I'll try it again tomorrow when the popup comes back.
    [EDIT: I turned off sync, then turned it back on. I checked the "Remember me" box. We'll see if it happens again tomorrow. What I can't figure out is if it's normal after I allow 1Password to sync that all I see on the browser page is a spinning gray circle on the Apple "Signing In" page. 1Password has no difficulty syncing…]

• Chantal Coolsma
    Chantal Coolsma
    Community Member

Haven't seen that dialog since I have done it.

• rsbae
    rsbae
    Community Member

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Chantal Coolsma - what dialog are you referring to? The "Keep me signed in" dialog? You would see that in the browser pop-up that asks you to re-authorize. It should be right underneath the Apple ID and Password fields. If you're using 1Password to fill those, it won't get selected, so make sure you click the checkbox first, before you fill in your data.

@rsbae - That's the one, yes. It shouldn't matter, as the sign-in is a message sent from you --> the server. As soon as the server receives your submission, you're authenticated, and it then returns a page to you. What's hanging is the returning data from the server back to you. As long as you're not getting asked to reauthorize every 8 hours, this can be ignored. Let us know if you keep getting requests to reauthorize after having checked the "keep me signed in" box.

• Chantal Coolsma
    Chantal Coolsma
    Community Member

For me it is solved by turning off sync and turning it on again and selecting the "keep me signed in" option on the iCloud login page.

Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Chantal Coolsma - Excellent! Glad to hear that worked for you. :)

• rsbae
    rsbae
    Community Member

So far so good for me today. I did the same thing - turning sync off and then on, then selecting the "keep me signed in" box. I also doubled checked my cookie program to make sure to allow all Apple.com cookies.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@rsbae -- that's excellent! I'm glad to hear everything went well. Let us know if you need anything else, or if this problem recurs. Cheers!

• Chantal Coolsma
    Chantal Coolsma
    Community Member

Apparently after a restart I am back to the old situation. First Command-\ keyboard shortcut, presented me the dialog again:

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Chantal Coolsma -- sorry to hear that! Can you please give it a second try; sometimes with iCloud, this doesn't work on the first go-round, we're not sure why. Please check the Keep me signed in box again, and give it a day or so to see if it works this time. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.