I tried to change a password on my imac in 1 Password.

Options
Renovatio
Renovatio
Community Member

When I try to change the password in the app, it is not being saved. It changed a 19 character password to a shorter one all on its own. I tried three different times to do this various ways and the password does not get saved. This has me very concerned , because i have to select forgot passwords on sites and create new ones because your app is not saving the selected password as it should. this a SERIOUS issue that needs to be addressed.

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: 4.6.10.90
OS Version: Mac OS 10.12.6
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:Changing passwords

Comments

• tomjar
    tomjar
    Community Member
    Options

I have also had this problem. I just changed a password (at ebay). I used the 1 password password generator in the
    safari browser extension. I was not asked to save the new password. Since I am very cautious with password changes, I copied the new password to textedit and it wasn't a problem, but it could have been a nightmare.
    Interestingly when I signed up for a password for this forum it DID ask me if I wanted to save it.

I am using 1Password 6
    Version 6.8.1 (681006)
    AgileBits Store

• pervel
    pervel
    Community Member
    Options

You can always find the generated passwords using the following guide:

https://support.1password.com/recover-unsaved-password/

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tomjar, @Renovatio: While pervel is correct that 1Password will automatically save generated passwords you use (e.g. click Fill or Copy in the password generator) as Password items, 1Password will not automatically save/update Logins. When changing a password for a website, 1Password should offer to save it for you, and then you can choose to save it as a new Login or update an existing one if you wish — or neither. 1Password isn't able to detect a password change on every website though since they can be very different, so if you're having trouble with one please give us the URL so we can try to improve it.

• tomjar
    tomjar
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks guys that helped

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.