Smartphone first non smartphone login - Line App

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited August 2017 in 1Password in the Browser

Line App has this policy of creating logins for all devices from the Smartphone first and there isn't any apparent way of bypassing it. How do I save for a non smartphone app then? I have not registered any emails with the Line App.

"The following features are not available if you are using the iPad version of LINE with your smartphone LINE account.

• Creating a new account
  • Auto Add Friends via phone number and phone number search
  • Purchasing paid stickers, themes and Coins
  • Receiving gifts
  • Deleting all chat history
  • LINE Pay
  • LINE Out (paid voice calls)"

It is a hassle to, even if my iPad is a wifi + cellular model, to switch to a smartphone to set up the account then swap back.

It's similar for the web/desktop version. It appears that PC email registration and smartphone email registration are mutually exclusive?

"If you cannot log in to the PC version of LINE with your phone number, you won't be able to register an email address."

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm not sure I properly understand the question here, @wkleem. I don't have personal experience with LINE myself so maybe I'm missing what the issue is and how 1Password can help… My best guess is that somehow the process of signing other devices into your account via the smartphone app requires creating new entries in 1Password. Is that right? If so, you can create these as Logins as well. Maybe tag them as LINE rather than setting the website field? If you do set the website field, you might want to set the Display attribute of these Logins to Never so that they don't clutter up the filling experience in the browser.

I hope that helps.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion Jamie. LINE is one of the apps that love 1Password. I'll figure it out and also, based on the way these apps (LINE, WhatsApp etc) work, one phone number per sign in so if I have 4 phone numbers then I will need 4 sign in accounts.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yeah, I use LINE fairly regularly, but I'd use it more if it were a bit friendlier. They really want you to register using a phone number, but you cannot use the same account with devices — excepting logging into their desktop apps (since there's no phone number associated with that). I can't say I understand why it works this way, and unfortunately these aren't problems 1Password can solve for us. :(

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Understood @brenty. :(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:blush:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hi

Just bringing this to your attention that it will be confusing as the LINE App's email registration and password aren't interlinked. Because I have been attempting to register my LINE accounts, removing or changing the email for one account leaves the password untouched, invalidating 1Password's login info, which is not automatically updated (No Apps love 1Password in Android?). I've also come across too many number changes. Try again later.

I am using Android to do the registration.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Not something we can help with, unfortunately. It will get a bit easier in time if they adopt OpenYOLO, but whether/how it's done is entirely at the discretion of the developer.

This discussion has been closed.