Not filling in username or password on Mac

Options
Searchortype
Searchortype
Community Member

I have just bought a new computer and restored my old computer from TimeMachine. New machine is a MacBook Pro running Sierra 10.12.6. 1Password has not been working either from the dock or from the web. I uninstalled and reinstalled, but problem persists. If I open 1Password when I'm in a login page it doesn't recognize it and I have to search manually. If I go to a site within 1Password it will open a new page, but not fill in password for username. I can't find the extension version number, but I just reinstalled today.

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

• vincent_utrecht
    vincent_utrecht
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem.
    I have to manually write my username and copy+paste the password.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/81577/not-filling-in-username-or-password-on-mac#latest

• Searchortype
    Searchortype
    Community Member
    Options

It is now working at in the past. Very strange!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

HI @vincent_utrecht -- it looks like you included the URL for this discussion, instead of the other one you posted. Fortunately, I am the person who replied to you there, so I recognized you! :) -- please let me know in that other thread if the advice I posted for you worked.

@Searchortype -- I'm glad to hear things have sorted themselves out. I'm not entirely sure what may have happened, but when you're restoring from a backup, sometimes various things need to be run in their new environment for everything to settle in with the new MAC address, etc. before they'll work. Keep an eye on things and let us know if the problem recurs for you. Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.