To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I forgot my master password so I made an account with another email but now I can't seem to log in

hayleyakins
hayleyakins
Community Member

I forgot my master password so I made an account with another email but now I can't seem to log in to my mac because there is no way to change the user. How do I delete my old account.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hayleyakins - before I start telling you how to delete things, I want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly. I'd hate to misunderstand and have you delete the wrong thing. When you say "login to my Mac," how are you doing this? Are you referring to signing into your 1Password account in a web browser? Or using 1Password for Mac? Something else?

• hayleyakins
    hayleyakins
    Community Member

Hi @Lars I can't sign in via my 1Password for mac. It doesn't give me any option to choose an account only to put the password. Even if I uninstall it. Also I think it's the same on the chrome extension. So I thought if I delete my old account I can sign in with the new one?

Thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the clarification. @hayleyakins -- if you've forgotten your Master Password to that old account, any data you had there is lost, unfortunately. I can send you a deletion email which will allow you to delete the account and re-use the same email address. Let me know and I'll send it right out.

• hayleyakins
    hayleyakins
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

cool my email is [redacted]. I have already made a new account with a different email.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hayleyakins - I hope you don't mind; I've edited your post to remove the email address. We don't (and you definitely don't) want that out in public for all the world to see. I should have been more clear that of course we already have that email address since we can see it in our back office. I've sent the deletion request, and you should have it in a moment, if you don't already. Let us know if you have any trouble getting set up with your new account. :)

• hayleyakins
    hayleyakins
    Community Member

Hi Lars I sent you the email as I'm signed in here with my new account which I wanted to keep. My other account was the one I wanted to delete.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@hayleyakins -- Ah, gotcha. I've sent a deletion request to the other email address. You can ignore the first one; it will expire.

This discussion has been closed.