IOS version opens but no input - frozen

Options
pgraetz
pgraetz
Community Member

Hi,
I have 1password on IOS9 and qhen i start it i get the screen showing up with all the stuff i put on (from my pc version) but the iphone versin cannot be used, since ut shows no reacton on any button i press. It seems just frozen. I deunstalled it but still the same.
Any ideas what i can do?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pgraetz: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. Thanks in advance! :)

• musicmegga
    musicmegga
    Community Member
    Options

I am having this same problem. It's been occurring for a couple of weeks. I just updated the latest version of 1PW in the App Store on my phone. I'm running v6.8.1 on phone and my iOS is 10.3.3.

What happens is this: Say I want to log into a secure site on my phone. so I open up 1PW on my phone, use touchID to open the app and then I tap "search" at the top of the window. nothing happens. no keyboard pops up. I notice the spinning symbol at the top of the screen (not part of app) - at first I thought it was trying to sync and I would just wait. But the app never responds to any tap on any part of the screen. i.e. for example I couldn't tell you what version from the app itself, I had to look in the AppStore recent updates.

I have double-tapped and swiped up to close the app and re-open. but same thing happens. Also was happening before and after I updated to v6.8.1

Please help! I miss my app.

• @musicmegga,

As a troubleshooting step could you please try enabling Airplane Mode and see if that changes the behavior any?

Use Airplane Mode on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

Please let us know.

Ben

• pgraetz
    pgraetz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    i tried airplain mode, but it is all the same. It starts flickering a couple of tiomes and then there is no input possible at any of the buttons or objects.

• pgraetz
    pgraetz
    Community Member
    Options

my IOS Version is 10.3.3 (14G60)
    the 1password should be 6.8.1 since it has just been updated.
    all other apps are closed.
    I have tried with and without airplain mode. I tried with and without WLAN on/Off

What I now recognised is that the app already freezes when I pin in my password.
    Only when I use the fingerprint it actually opens up but after a couple of flickers it freezes

• @pgraetz

Please try opening this address in Safari: onepassword://diagnostics

That should prompt 1Password to generate a diagnostic report. Please send that report to us. When you do you'll get a Support ID back from BitBot. Please post that ID here.

Thanks!

Ben

• musicmegga
    musicmegga
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben.
    Thanks for the troubleshooting help. I first tried to access Search with Airport mode. No different. still 'frozen'
    Then, I opened the above link in Safari. It took me to 1PW and an email is generated. I've clicked Send and nothing is happening.
    Double clicking reveals that I am still in 1PW when trying to send the email.
    Any other way to get the report? I tried to select the contents of the email to send from my Mail app, but I can't select that either.

• musicmegga
    musicmegga
    Community Member
    Options

Oops! I take that back - in my email on laptop I found that I sent four messages to you. here is one of the Support IDs: [#LFS-18746-346] 1Password for iOS Diagnostic Report

• Thanks @musicmegga. I see your reports in our inbox now and will be reviewing them shortly. We'll continue the conversation by email.

Thanks!

Ben

ref: LFS-18746-346

• Based on the reports musicmegga was able to send us it appears this is a bug in the way that we interact with Dropbox. We hope to have it fixed up in v6.8.2. Until then unfortunately I'm not aware of any workarounds, but will update here if any are discovered.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.