To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

The license is not being sent to me and i can't get 1password on new iPhone

Andrew1973
Andrew1973
Community Member

Please help me. I downloaded 1Password from the App Store and never received a Key so i'm assuming its a license. I have ALL my passwords on and can not get access. What do i do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2017

Hi @Andrew1973,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Could you please tell me, if you know: where is your 1Password data right now? Do you have it on one of your devices? Were you syncing it with Dropbox or iCloud?

1Password for iOS (iPhone) does not use a license -- it is a freely available app that has the option inside the app to either use a 1Password membership (recommended) or to use 1Password "standalone" and to purchase the Pro features. If all you've ever had before is the 1Password for iOS app it is unlikely that you'd have a license.

Please let me know. Thanks!

Ben

ref: PVF-53127-391

• Andrew1973
    Andrew1973
    Community Member

honestly i don't have any idea...im pretty sure i payed for the app from the app store but wasn't given any options

• Andrew1973
    Andrew1973
    Community Member

please tell me i didn't lose everything

• Andrew1973
    Andrew1973
    Community Member

is there any way to get back my info???

• Andrew1973
    Andrew1973
    Community Member

is anyone there?

• Hi @Andrew1973,

This is not a live chat, but rather a public discussion forum. Think of it more of the speed of email, but public.

When you use 1Password without a subscription account your data is by default stored only on the device that you enter it on. You can change this by making a backup, or by setting up syncing (both would be recommended). If you think you may have set up syncing with either your iCloud or Dropbox account in the past you can try setting that up again:

Sync your 1Password data

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Andrew1973
    Andrew1973
    Community Member

sorry, no i didn't do that

• Then unfortunately unless your data is on another device of yours you'd be starting fresh.

You may want to consider a 1Password membership, where your data is encrypted on your device and then securely stored on our servers. That way the loss of a device does not result in the loss of your data:

Pricing - 1Password

Ben

This discussion has been closed.