To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can't log into the app after getting a new phone. Don't remember my login info

jewelsjoel
jewelsjoel
Community Member

I got a new phone and didn't backup the right way apparently. So trying to login after re-downloading the app to the new phone I cannot locate my correct email address/username/password in order to do so. Not really sure how to gain back access. It also keeps asking me for the secret key, which I don't have because I didn't do the "teams" thing. I'm just an individual

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I'm having a lot of trouble trying to figure out how to login to the app after getting a new phone.

Comments

• Starflyer
    Starflyer
    Community Member

Secret Key has nothing to do with "teams".

• Hi @jewelsjoel - Sorry for the troubles. Are you rocking an iPhone or Android phone? May I ask how you're syncing your data on your other devices - iCloud or Dropbox? The Secret Key pertains to customers that have signed up for a 1Password membership. Can you give the below a try and let us know if this helps -

Open 1Password on your new phone, from the welcome screen, under "Already using 1Password" tap on iCloud or Dropbox, the same sync source you're already using on your other devices. You will then have to enter your Master Password before the data syncs over.

Keep in mind, depending on the type of phone you're using the process with be a bit different. Let us know if you have any additional question and we'll be here to help out. :smile:

@Starflyer - We provide a Secret Key if you sign up for a 1Password membership, this includes our Individual, Families, and Teams accounts. The Secret Key is used in conjunction with your Master Password to encrypt your data. I hope this helped clarify things a bit more.

This discussion has been closed.