"Link existing" is one way/asymmetrical: should it could it not be a two way/symmetrical?

Options
Sajjon
Sajjon
Community Member

I use 2FA everywhere and using it with 1Password is soooo amazing, easy and fast. The fact that 1Password copies my OTP to my pasteboard makes me never wanna live without 1P! So many thanks! ❤️

However, I know this is not really the best practice out of security concern - but this is not the topic - but I usually add a screenshot of the QR image used to setup 2FA. I then upload said screenshot to my 1P account as a document.

I then link the login to said document. But I have to manually ALSO link the document to the login, since the feature "link existing" is a one way relationship.

Could you please a a feature in the Settings menu to be able to default to always create for the other item to the original item. So that I don't have to go to the document in 1P and link that to the login.

Should be an easy fix?

And YES I also use Tags of course :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:link

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hi @sajjon,

Thanks for taking the time to write in and for the kind words!

I'm not aware of any inherent security concern with storing the QR code for a TOTP setup in 1Password. :)

As for symetrical linking... That isn't how we designed it, but is certainly something we can consider for the future. I doubt we'd add a setting for it, as we have too many settings as it is, so we'd likely make it the default/only way. I can't make any promises, but we'll think about it. :)

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.