To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How do I have 1password insert a password when I sign on to Quicken on my computer?

Options

I am using a Mac. Quicken is a financial program and needs to have good password protection.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I have 1password insert a password when I sign on to Quicken on my computer?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@winstonbeard: Thanks for reaching out! If you're having trouble, unfortunately without some basic information you omitted from your post it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! In that case, pease tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For example, if you can tell us the URLs in particular you're having trouble with we'll be happy to test them and try to offer a solution, workaround, and improvements in the future!

That said, in many cases manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form to fill better. Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosubmit disabled

There's also a great overall guide to using the 1Password browser extension to save and fill login credentials:

Saving, filling, and changing your passwords

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any questions! :)

• winstonbeard
    winstonbeard
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

I think you misunderstood my question. My question is not about logging into a website. It is about logging into a program on my computer, Quicken, which is password protected. I would like to use a strong password and have 1password fill it in for me. I haven't found a way to make that happen. [email address removed by AgileBits staff — this is a public forum]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

@winstonbeard: Ohhhhhhhhhh. Thanks for clarifying! 1Password can't log you into applications since they don't offer a way for 1Password to integrate with them the way that web browsers do. But you can always save your login credentials in 1Password and copy and paste them to login to the app. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.