Trouble with my 1Password password--and I'm very security conscious?

Options
COflyingsquirrel
COflyingsquirrel
Community Member

Because I'm so security conscious, I saved my password in a code that I thought I would recognize. I know what my notes mean, but they have been ineffective in opening the vault, stored on iCloud, on one iOS device. I can get into my vault with my thumbprint on one iOS device (your most previous version prior to the monthly version update). But on the other iOS device, I accidentally updated 1Password. It has been stored in iCloud, yet because of my fear of specifying the vault password characters, now I only have access to the single vault on one device by thumbprint. I have tried multiple times to figure out exactly what my abbreviations were--I know what they mean, but I'm unsure of the exact characters to enter. Consequently, I can only get into the one vault on the one device via thumbprint. The worst part of this is that I changed the password after two spear phishing attacks within 10 days, and I'm in cybersecurity. I'm feeling very stupid now. What do you suggest?

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Trouble with my 1Password password--and I'm very security conscious?

Comments

• Hi @COflyingsquirrel

Sorry to hear you're unable to correctly enter your Master Password. You mentioned that you had recently changed it. Have you tried entering the previous password? It is possible that there is an issue with your iCloud setup and the change didn't properly propagate to all of your devices.

While you still have access to your data via Touch ID on one device I'd highly recommend migrating that data into a 1Password trial membership account:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

This will hopefully ensure that you are not locked out of your data entirely should Touch ID expire.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.