To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

presales question: one-off logins on other devices (that aren't mine)?

Options
Brillig
Brillig
Community Member

Hi, I'm checking out the features before I sign up for a membership. If I let 1Password generate a password for a site, and then at some point I need to log into that site on, say, a friend's laptop (being sure to log off afterwards, of course), is there a way to sign in to 1Password remotely so it can log me in for that single instance?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Tully
    Tully
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hi @Brillig, and welcome to the forum!

One of the benefits of a 1Password membership is being able to log in at 1Password.com using your Master Password and Secret Key (be sure to check the tick ‘This is a public or shared computer’ box) – once you do, you can access all your vaults and information stored in 1Password, including the credentials for whichever site you're wanting to access. When you're done, simply log out, then once you're back at your computer, you can revoke access for that browser.

Of course, in doing so you're putting some faith in the state of your friend's laptop (that it's not been knowingly or unknowingly compromised by keylogging software, for example) – for this reason we'd always recommend using 1Password (the apps and web browser both) only on machines you can vouch for. Given your membership allows you to install 1Password on all your devices, having an Android or iOS phone or tablet handy is another way of keeping credentials within easy reach, saving you from needing to log into the 1Password.com site at all.

Hope this helps – let me know if you've any further questions or there's any more I can do, otherwise feel free to sign up and see how you find 1Password!

This discussion has been closed.