Will Agilebits move to a universal browser extension?

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited September 2017 in Android

I am now testing Android but even though Firefox has an Android version, judging by the Chrome for Android's lack of Auto fill which is reserved for Android O, there is no feature parity with the Desktop versions? Would it be be possible to make 1Password Extension on Android like the desktop browser extensions please?

Does it appear the 1Password for Android has issues with Firefox?

1Password Version: v6.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android v7.1.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

ref: RYP-83475-819

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Message from 1Password for Android:

"This browser currently requires manual filling.

Browse to your vault and select a login."

• Hi @wkleem. Due to the limitations of mobile browsers, the 1Password browser extension won't work on mobile platforms like it does on desktop platforms, which is why you're not able to use the extension on mobile.

For automatic filling on Android, we have a custom keyboard and accessibility service. You can find step-by-step instructions for enabling and using the keyboard for filling here:
    https://support.1password.com/android-keyboard/

Automatic filling will be available in Chrome. Firefox obfuscates URLs, so 1Password's accessibility service isn't able to detect the URL for Login matching, which is why only manual filling is available there. For now, I recommend sticking with manual filling in Firefox, or switch over to Chrome for automatic filling.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

@peri: I have enable the features in 1Password (1Password Keyboard and Accessibility) which works for Chrome obviously but not for Firefox. I noticed the obfuscation but wasn't sure why the attempt to fill was being redirected.

I'll stick to Chrome. Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yeah that is a bit annoying. I believe you can still long press on the 1Password icon on the keyboard to search and do manual filling though.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

I do have an issue with manual fill in Firefox. It defaults to All Logins and to search for a login means scroll manually through all my 500 or more logins? I won't do that if I have to.

It could also be my fat fingers. I currently do not have a stylus to try.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I do have an issue with manual fill in Firefox. It defaults to All Logins and to search for a login means scroll manually through all my 500 or more logins? I won't do that if I have to.

@wkleem: You should be able to search for the one you want and select it for manual filling. Are you not getting that option?

It could also be my fat fingers. I currently do not have a stylus to try.

No matter the screen size, I have trouble too. I think I'm just uncoordinated. :tongue:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty,

I can See the search, but just cannot search for anything. Nothing works. I will have to reconfirm when I get back to the phone.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hi

I have already figured it out. I was expecting a blinking cursor where the "search" box was it was just a sold blue colou

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Please do! You should be able to tap and then type to search your vaults.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hi Brent, Tapping Search doesn't work.

There is a part which says Browse Logins. I clicked on that. On top of All Logins there is a Search ... but with 1Password Keyboard present which does not show a blinking cursor.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Another question, does mobile logins work differently from desktop? What I have discovered is that some Logins appear to work on desktop but has parts missing on mobile like lacking an email on filling when access on Android or iOS?

• peri
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hi @wkleem. The search bar does not have a cursor, but you're still able to tap into it and type to search. I encourage you to give it a try. :)

I'm not quite sure I understand your second question. If you're filing into a website in Chrome automatically, or Firefox manually, and the matching Login has both a username and password field, you can indeed fill both fields. Are you having trouble filing into any site in particular?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

I will take some screen shots later. There are times with regard to the previous issue I had with travel mode. I have Travel Mode set to off and I only can see Dropbox AgileKeychain Vaults in 1Password for Android.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hi

From my Android device, screenshots are disabled when I attempted to snap an image of this discussion forum (1Password Login) with Dropbox showing only.

• Screenshots aren't supported from 1Password on Android. Do you see the vaults enabled in Settings > Vaults?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

@peri: Yes I have vaults enabled. I have also started an email conversation possibly as a continuation of my old problem. I am unable to ascertain if that is the case or not.

So far I have only this discussion forum as an example. Other examples appear to work?

I must be getting confused. What I see on Android for this forum appears to be the same on the PC. I will have to find another example.

• peri
    edited September 2017
    Options

Just to clarify, 1Password on Android only supports a single Dropbox vault. So if you have multiple vaults on Android, then only one is synced through Dropbox, and the rest are linked to a 1Password account.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Thanks! Anyway, Trace from Agilebits has replied and I will be conversing with him/her. There is a learning curve in between platforms.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@peri,

It appears that 1Password doesn't work in succession? I tried it from Gmail. The 1Password search worked the first time. Subsequently, I needed to scroll to find my desired password.

• Thanks, @wkleem. I've replied to your email. We can continue the conversation there. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks!

• :+1:

This discussion has been closed.