To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

i have a license for Mac, one for Windows, and one for Family. Can I merge them and save money?

Options
garyladams
garyladams
Community Member

1Password 6 for Mac-Single License, 1Password 4 for Windows-Single License

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Over the course of time, I have ended up with multiple accounts for melburstein@icloud.com.

Comments

• garyladams
    garyladams
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

[email address removed by AgileBits, please don't post your private bits on our public forum :smile:]

• garyladams
    garyladams
    Community Member
    Options

Happy to provide more info, but this seems like a public place to unveil my private bits.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@garyladams: Definitely don't post personal information! It isn't possible to combine/exchange/transfer licenses. I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to accomplish though. If you already have Mac and Windows licenses, that entitles you to use 1Password on any of your computers — Mac or PC. I won't be able to retroactively change the terms of the licenses you purchased, but if you'll clarify what you're trying to do many I can suggest something. :)

• garyladams
    garyladams
    Community Member
    Options

Maybe this is simple. I paid for a mac license. I paid for a windows license. The family plan (and the shared vault) require a subscription. With that subscription, I would not need the additional mac and windows licenses, but I already have them; that's a sunk cost. The only way to save money is to drop the subscription and give up the shared vault.

If AgileBits puts out a major release that requires an upgrade fee, I'll revisit the question then. Since these were a series of decisions made without thinking the whole thing through, I've wasted some money.

Have I got that right?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2017
    Options

@garyladams,

I see. Let's move this conversation to email as we're dealing with specifics for your account. I'll be sending you an email shortly, so please keep an eye out for it.

Ben

ref: VIM-54862-976

This discussion has been closed.