1Password 4- Mulitiple Vaults

Options
Kylereilly
Kylereilly
Community Member
edited September 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I primarily use 1Password on my Macs, but I have 1 windows computer. I do not want to goto the 1Password Subscription service, I prefer to use what I have and Sync via Dropbox - it works great!

How do I sync multiple vaults with 1Password 4 for windows? My vaults have different passwords. On my MAC, I can use my Master Password, and it will open all my vaults. Unless I'm missing something, 1Password 4 makes me enter my Vault password when I switch. How do I have it save, and how can I make it show multiple Vaults at once? I am on Windows 10. Thanks

1Password Version: 4.6.2.625
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Dropbox

ref: VQK-92215-947

Comments

• Hey @Kylereilly! 1Password 4 doesn't have the All Vaults view where it will display all at once. Once you open each individual vault once, you can switch between them by choosing File > Reopen 1Passowrd vault and selecting the vault you're wanting to switch to and entering the Master Password for that vault. I'm afraid that's just the way 1Password 4 works, but standalone vaults will be included with 1Password 7 for Windows, so you'll be able to use All Vaults with your standalone vaults on Windows too once it's ready to go. :chuffed:

• Kylereilly
    Kylereilly
    Community Member
    Options

So version for only works with one vault at a time, I have to manually switch and enter the master password every time I change vaults. One password six would do everything I wanted to do, however, you only allow that if you are a one password subscriber, not standalone licenses. There is still no update on 1Password 7, and even when one password seven is released, there is no update as to what the standalone pricing will be.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed, unfortunately I can't tell you more about 1Password 7 than what's already been announced, as we need to build it first. But I'm sure we'll have more to share in the future. In the mean time, you can try a 1Password.com membership, or continue using the version you paid for indefinitely, as your license will never expire. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions. Have a great weekend! :)

• Kylereilly
    Kylereilly
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Like many of your long time users, I prefer the security of Dropbox instead of your custom cloud service. It truly seems like you crippled your service to entice users to many much more money in a subscription service. Your made 1Password 6 yet you won’t let it work correctly with Dropbox multiple vaults.

In fact in the past, I could open fall of my 1Password in Dropbox in a web based environment, and you took that away. Will you bring it back?

I don’t want to wait until you announce IPW7 and them if it’s too pricy, which it probably will be, and then have to go to the family program anyway. It is likely that it will be pricy to entice people to switch to a 1p membership.

Do you have ideas to make a 2person plan rather just a family of 5? Many people are just 2 and don’t have a need for 5 accounts. I’d really need 3 years of a 1P membership to recoup the cost I’ve paid to make suture subscriptions worthwhile.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

Like many of your long time users, I prefer the security of Dropbox instead of your custom cloud service.

@Kylereilly: I hear you. I'm a long-time Dropbox user myself. But the Secret Key goes even farther in securing data than what's possible with local vaults and Dropbox. Something to consider.

It truly seems like you crippled your service to entice users to many much more money in a subscription service.

Nope. We have not removed features from 1Password. And that's a truly inappropriate word to use in this context.

Your made 1Password 6 yet you won’t let it work correctly with Dropbox multiple vaults.

We made 1Password 6 and it will require more work for local vaults to work there as well, which is why we're working on that for version 7. It isn't something we can pull out of thin air, and frankly when we're dealing with people's most important data — including our own — we'd rather take the time we need to develop and test it thoroughly before releasing that feature.

In fact in the past, I could open fall of my 1Password in Dropbox in a web based environment, and you took that away. Will you bring it back?

Since 2009 browser have added local file restrictions, and Dropbox no longer allows files to load other resources the way it used to. So it isn't something we took away, and we can't bring it back.

I don’t want to wait until you announce IPW7 and them if it’s too pricy, which it probably will be, and then have to go to the family program anyway. It is likely that it will be pricy to entice people to switch to a 1p membership.

I don't think you have more information on this than we do, and it isn't decided yet. We can certainly take your suggestions into consideration through when the time comes.

Do you have ideas to make a 2person plan rather just a family of 5? Many people are just 2 and don’t have a need for 5 accounts. I’d really need 3 years of a 1P membership to recoup the cost I’ve paid to make suture subscriptions worthwhile.

We already have a plan that covers this. 1Password Families is cheaper than two individual memberships. I'm not sure we can discount it further, as there are real costs involved in developing, testing, supporting, and maintaining the service. But if costs fall in the future it's something we'll have to evaluate. I can't say I have much hope of that though, as they tend to increase over time, since we're not talking manufacturing, which can benefit from economies of scale. But only time will tell.

However, we've offered some timed promotions in the past, and it's possible we'll do so in the future as well. Definitely shoot us an email at support@1password.com and we'll see if there's something we can do to help you make the transition. :)

• gita
    gita
    Community Member
    Options

I am using standalone 1password. Have 2 vaults created had 2 agilkeychain. Both vault have different info. How can backup be set up to go to its appropriate vault. Can I share 1 vault with other if yes how can I have different master password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I am using standalone 1password. Have 2 vaults created had 2 agilkeychain. Both vault have different info. How can backup be set up to go to its appropriate vault.

@gita: An Agilekeychain isn't a backup. The app will automatically save a local backup periodically. Which version of 1Password are you using?

Can I share 1 vault with other if yes how can I have different master password.

A local vault has a Master Password which is used to encrypt the data, so that same Master Password will be needed to decrypt it. If you let someone else use your vault, they'll need to have your Master Password to access it.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since family and business plans allow for intra-account sharing, and each user will have their own account with a Master Password they choose. It also gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

Either way, let me know if you have any other questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.