To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

can't add my account

Options
mbk28
mbk28
Community Member
edited September 2017 in Memberships

I have an emergency kit, but it don't work
for the test of the beta, I delete my account an want to test the emergency kit :(
[removed by AgileBits staff — do not post sensitive information on a public forum]

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

@mbk28: If you deleted your account, the Emergency Kit will no longer be useful. Can you tell me more about what you're trying to do?

ref: CMH-23286-638

• mbk28
    mbk28
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I just want to test if the emergency kit work on the last beta

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mbk28,

Right now the most recent version of 1Password for Mac is 6.8.1 and there's no currently newer beta build available.

If you have an active (not deleted) 1Password account, you can add it to 1Password for Mac:

Add your account to the 1Password app

To get the account details and make sure they work, you can:

Use your Emergency Kit

If you see a message that your 1Password account is frozen, you can find help here:

If your 1Password account is frozen

To sign out your account in 1Password for Mac:

1. Open and unlock the 1Password app.
    2. Choose 1Password > Preferences from the menu.
    3. Click the Accounts icon, select your account, and click the - button.

I hope that information helps you to do what you want to. :)

• mbk28
    mbk28
    Community Member
    Options

I create the emergency kit and try to use it to restore the account, but have an error

• cbombria
    cbombria
    Community Member
    Options

Looks like I'm having the same error. I am on a 30 day trial and I'm trying to add my account to a new iMac. Rather than use the emergency PDF I'm using an email link.

I can open up my account on my MacBook Air and my iOS devices. I have a copy of the 1password.agilekeychain in my dropbox account and was able to use it on the new iMac but I'm unable to add my trial account to 1password on the iMac.

I was able to verify that the computers are syncing by creating a secure note on one computer and reading it on the other. So that part is working.

I also tried to log in to the 1Password web page but I get a similar message, "Cannot sign in. Your email address, Secret Key, or Master Password is incorrect." Yet I can use the same information for logging on to my iOS devices and MacBook Air.

Did I somehow get out of "sync" with the 1password web site?

• Frank
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hi @mbk28 - Sorry for the troubles and thank you for sending over the screenshot. Let's continue the conversation via email and you're in good hands with Laura. When you get a chance, reply back to her email so we can get this resolved for you. Talk to you soon.

• Hi @cbombria - When you sign into your 1Password.com account, make sure you're using the same Master Password you created when you signed up for the account. This could be different from the Master Password that is used to unlock the apps. Your Master Password for your 1Password.com account has to be at least 10 characters in length. As far as syncing, we take care of all the syncing on our end. As long as you're signed into the account on your devices, when you add an item to your Personal vault, the item auto-syncs across your devices in addition to the web app. Your Primary vault is the original vault you started out with and it sounds like you were syncing via Dropbox. Going forward, your Personal vault will replace your Primary vault. Keep us posted if you're running into trouble with your Master Password so we can continue the conversation via email. :smile:

• mbk28
    mbk28
    Community Member
    Options

Frank, I wait for your mail

• Hi mbk28 - Perfect. I asked Laura to send you over another email just in case you didn't receive the last reply she sent over to you. Talk to you soon and have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.