Having problems signing into the 1Password Android App

Options
Florisvm42
Florisvm42
Community Member

I have been trying to get 1Password working on all my device but when I tried to login to the Android App instead of the expected login screen it asked we a question "Already using 1Password?" and provided me with 3 options; Dropbox, WLAN Server and Local Storage.

Is there anything I am doing wrong here?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Florisvm42: Where do you have your 1Password data currently? You can sync it by selecting the appropriate option there. Let us know what you're working with (OS, 1Password, and device versions) and I'm sure we can help you get up and running!

• Florisvm42
    Florisvm42
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick reply, I have 1Password 6 for Windows installed on my computer and am trying to install the app on an Sony Xperia T3 running Android 4.4.4.

I have tried to find a way to sync my data to Dropbox but have been unable to since I can't find an option for it in the Settings tab of 1Password 6 on my Computer

• Hey @Florisvm42. It sounds like you're using a 1Password account on your PC, but 1Password accounts require Android 5.0 or later. Are you able to update your Sony Xperia T3 to 5.0?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Thanks for the quick reply, I have 1Password 6 for Windows installed on my computer and am trying to install the app on an Sony Xperia T3 running Android 4.4.4.

I have tried to find a way to sync my data to Dropbox but have been unable to since I can't find an option for it in the Settings tab of 1Password 6 on my Computer

1Password v6 for Windows has removed the ability to sync local vaults since v6.5. As far as I can tell, T3 can go up to Marshmallow.

zdnet.com/article/android-6-0-marshmallow-sony-xperia-binaries-drivers/

• :+1:

• davem97132
    davem97132
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, trying to get 1Password6 for Andriod to work, but when I load the information for the account, I get "Error Unable to communicate with the server. ..." I have checked from my "Emergency Kit", and I appear to have the correct sign-in address, email, secret key and master password. Solutions? My Android is 7.0.

• Hi @davem97132! Are you signed in from any other devices? Are you able to sign in with those same credentials in a browser at 1Password.com?

Also, how are you entering your information on Android? Are you scanning your Setup Code, typing it, or copying and pasting?

This discussion has been closed.