To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Trying to recover my acct that was on previous phone that didnt transfer info to new phone

Dalemares
Dalemares
Community Member

I had a 1password acct with over 20 passwords in it that did not transfer over to new phone. I have entered every email address I have to try to find out any info on my acct and nothing. I finally entered "Dmares" as a userid and it took it, but I have not received any reset information back. I never paid a monthly fee so I am wondering if I had some trial period, but I feel I had the acct for a couple years. Please help. I need some of those passwords.

Dale

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Had an account on previous phone and now cant access the account. Dont think I ever paid anything

Comments

• Hey @Dalemares, thanks for writing in! If you didn't have a subscription, you likely had what we call a standalone vault. This is free on mobile devices (with the option to unlock the Pro Features via an in-app purchase) and is only stored locally by default unless you choose to sync it. If you never set up sync, we may not be able to recover your vault, but it's always worth a try. Could you tell me what type of phone you're using (both previously and now), if you still have access to the old phone, and if you recall what sync method you set up if any (iCloud or Dropbox most commonly)? This will help me pinpoint the best places to look for your vault. :+1:

• lmahnken
    lmahnken
    Community Member

hello I'm having the same problem, new phone, I sync to the cloud but its asking for my master password but don't have it? please help thank you

• lmahnken
    lmahnken
    Community Member

the new downloaded app says vault store in icloud but it wont let me sync without password?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@lmahnken: If you don't know your Master Password, it will not be possible for you to access that data, as it's needed to decrypt it. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

Alternatively, if you're part of a 1Password Family or Team, another Owner, Organizer, or Admin can help you recover your account, so you can create a new Secret Key and Master Password:

https://support.1password.com/recovery/#begin-recovery

If that doesn't help though, you will need to either restore from a backup, sync from another device, or simply start over. Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you!

• lmahnken
    lmahnken
    Community Member

I did sync it from my other device but my new device is asking my for my password to login ive always used touch id and don't know it

• lmahnken
    lmahnken
    Community Member

i also still have the old device its on as well

• As Brenty mentioned the only way to decrypt your 1Password data is with your Master Password. If you don’t remember it you may want to try guessing — as that’ll be the only way to access your data. There is no limit to the number of times you can guess.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.