How can 1Password data be accessed by my wife or a power of attorney, if I become incapacitated?

TadCrawfordMV
TadCrawfordMV
Community Member

I need to make sure my wife and/or people with a Power of Attorney can access my financial & health records & related apps, if I become incapacitated

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I make 1Password data accessible to my wife or someone with a power of attorney, if I become incapacitated?

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

Hi there TadCrawfordMV, :)
    Does your wife use 1Password too? If you have a Families account, an option would be having financial info and other such important things be placed in a shared vault both of you have access to.

• TadCrawfordMV
    TadCrawfordMV
    Community Member

Thank you, Corey. Very helpful!

I have not yet created an account, but am actively assessing that option. We currently share documents using Dropbox, but I want something far more secure for our financial and medical information. This may include our Health Care Proxies and Powers of Attorney, in addition to our passwords. Will we have the ability to share individual documents differently, i.e. with different people . . . in much the same way one can with documents stored in Dropbox?

• learning_1pw
    learning_1pw
    Community Member

In 1Password Family, you can create additional vaults, and you can control which family members can access the new vaults. You cannot control access to individual documents other than by choosing which vault you place them in.

• @TadCrawfordMV: To add to the wonderful suggestions from @learning_1pw and @Corey_C, your 1Password account also comes with an Emergency Kit that includes all of the information you need to sign in to your account (minus your Master Password which you'll need to add yourself). If you keep a copy of your Emergency Kit in a safe place where those you want to be able to access your account can get it in an appropriate situations, this information would allow them to access your data from any computer. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.