Created an 3rd vault in my Family Account. Is there a way to delete it?

sturvey
sturvey
Community Member

Moved from loooong-time 1Password to Family account the last couple of days. No problem moving over from several Macs, Windows and iOS devices. However, during conversion, created a 3rd Family-account vault called "s-backup" for scratch to sort a few things out. Got that all taken care of and removed remaining data in "s-backup". I would like to delete the vault, (no longer of ay use), but there doesn't appear to be a way. Certainly not a game-changer if i can't, but I like to keep things tidy.

Thoughts? :)

Regards,
Scott Turvey

1Password Version: Mac 6.8.1; Win 6.7.457; iOS, 6.8.1
Extension Version: Chrome 4.6.10.90
OS Version: OSX 10.12.6, Win10 v.1703, iOS 10.3.3
Sync Type: Family vaults, no Primary
Referrer: forum-search:remove temp vault

Comments

• AskAli
    AskAli
    Community Member

@sturvey: I'm not sure if this changes between sync methods but I know for me at least (1PW.com sync) if I login to 1Password.com I see a list of my vaults in the web page there's a button at the bottom of the vault that says manage. I can click that then hit delete.

• sturvey
    sturvey
    Community Member

@AskAli : I don't have any local Vaults, so there isn't a sync option. Thanks though!

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @sturvey :)

Congratulations on the new family account. It can get a little messy with all those empty vaults, though, can't it? Thankfully, getting rid of that vault is not a problem. As AskAli said above, it is done through the 1Password.com web interface, not through the apps. You can create vaults directly from the apps, but deleting or otherwise editing them can only be done through the web interface in your browser. Once logged in, if you look to the sidebar on the right of the page, there will be a Vaults button. Click on that and you will get a listing of all the vaults you have available. Click on the "s-backup" vault you have in the list and you will be taken to the vault details page. In the box on the left, under the vault name will be an edit button. Click that and a red "delete vault" button will show up. Click that and follow the on screen instructions to delete the vault.

Hope that helps. Enjoy the new family account.
    Corey

• sturvey
    sturvey
    Community Member

Hey @Corey_C

That was the ticket! I had seen the edit button before, should have realized it's in keeping with 1P methods to have the delete inside the edit mode.

Thanks!
    Scott

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

Not a problem, Scott, I'm glad to help. Good to hear it's all solved. Feel free to come back and ask if you have any more problems. :)

Corey

• Glad to hear Corey was able to help here. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us, sturvey.

Thanks for the assist, Corey. :)

Ben

• lavery
    lavery
    Community Member

Hi @Corey_C, I have two similar questions.

The Android app still shows two vaults for my account, Personal and Principal. But the web and Mac desktop apps only show the Personal vault, which is what I prefer. How can I get rid of, or permanently hide, the Principal one on Android? Whenever I reboot my phone, 1P defaults to the Principal vault, which isn't updated.

Also, how do I delete another account associated with my email address?

Thanks!

Brian

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

Hi @lavery, :)
    Did you use 1Password on your phone at all before getting a subscription account? It looks like you enabled, or previously used a standalone vault on your android device. That principal vault is likely a standalone vault that exists locally on phone and isn't synced anywhere else. As long as there is nothing important in it or nothing that isn't already in your account vault, you can probably go and delete it in Settings>Vaults on your phone app.

Corey

• lavery
    lavery
    Community Member

Hi @Corey_C, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I was a longtime user of the Android app before getting a subscription.

I'd like to follow these steps and eliminate the principal vault, but I don't see an option to delete, just a toggle button that I guess controls whether its contents are displayed. Any way to kill it off entirely?

Brian

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi,
    Let me preface this that I don't actually own or have access to an Android device, so I'm basing my knowledge on experience I have had with the iOS version. If things are different, I apologize and someone with more knowledge with Android may be able to help you better.

There is a way to get rid of it which on my end is if you go to Settings>Vaults, account vaults and standalone vaults are kept separately with standalone vaults down at the bottom, with a delete option available if you tap on the specific vault.

Is the principal vault listed separately from the others? I could be wrong about my guess last time.

Sorry if I'm not quite as helpful as would be hoped.

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lavery and @Corey_C! At the moment we don't have a specific control in 1Password for Android to remove the local Primary vault once it has been created. Once you're sure all of your data from any local vaults has been safely migrated into your account, you can remove the local vaults by deleting 1Password from your device. You can then download it again from the Google Play store, and set it up with access to your account again. Please see "Step 3. Remove your old Primary vault" in this guide here: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/?android#migrate-your-data-on-your-main-device

I hope that helps! :+1:

• lavery
    lavery
    Community Member

Duh — a simple reinstall did the trick. Thanks @john_m !

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni

No problem @lavery, always happy to help! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.