Chromium-based browser 1Password icon flashing grey/black

theschles
theschles
Community Member

Hi there. I use SlimJet version 15.1.2.0 (based on Chromium 59.0.3071.86 (64-bit)). It's an unsigned browser, and I know I enabled that somewhere in the settings but I can't find it. (the 3rd-party integration checkbox in Advanced is not checked)

The 1Password browser extension icon is alternating between grey for 2-3 seconds, then quick-flash black, then grey 2-3 seconds...

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the extension, the browser, and 1Password for Mac. I've restarted the computer. I've installed the beta version of the extension. No luck.

Help?

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: 4.6.11.3
OS Version: macOS 10.12.6 (16G29)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• theschles
    theschles
    Community Member

FYI I sent a 1Password Diagnostic report with a link to this discussion in the body.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @theschles - Thanks for writing in. We have recently switched from using web sockets to using native messaging to communicate with the browser extension, and in the process we've tightened our requirements. 1Password is no longer supporting browsers that are not code-signed, and even if it is -- as SlimJet appears to be -- we would have to specifically add support for it, which requires our own review of the browser. Currently, that's not in place, which is why this hasn't worked for you so far -- and won't, unless/until we add support for SlimJet in particular. I can file a request for you if you like, but I couldn't tell you when - or even whether - it would be approved. We tend to base such things on user adoption of a particular browser, as adding additional browser support requires some work to implement.

ref: SIJ-96555-327

• theschles
    theschles
    Community Member

Hi @Lars ,

Please oh please do add support for SlimJet. It's Chromium without Google's spyware -- plus a lot of great built-in features. If there's anything I can do to assist in that effort, please let me know.

Thanks,

/Phil

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@theschles -- I've added your vote for SlimJet. I can't offer you any idea about when - or even IF - it might get added, but your request has been registered. :) Enjoy your week!

This discussion has been closed.