cannot export --- Export option in File menu grayed out

Options
jbranning
jbranning
Community Member

I recently shifted from a standalone version to 1Password for Families and I have about 1,500 items in four vaults which I need to merge into a single vault. However, the Export item in the File menu is grayed out and will not function. How do I resolve this?

Also, is it correct that only vaults in the family account can be synced through iCloud?

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: 4.6.9
OS Version: macOS 10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 6.8.1 OS X 10.12.6 cannot export --- Export option in File menu grayed out

Comments

• @jbranning: Could you help out a bit with explaining what you're trying to do with exporting? You shouldn't need to export to consolidate your vaults. Instead, you can copy items between vaults in 1Password for Mac or on 1Password.com.

As for syncing, vaults in your Family account sync automatically via our secure servers, so there's nothing to set up. So long as you're signed into your account across devices everything should sync happily between them. :+1:

I hope this helps, but do let us know if you have additional questions. :chuffed:

• jbranning
    jbranning
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I will "move" all the items Into one vault to merge them (removing duplicates manually since this remains a missing feature). But, I can't seem to find the "Manage" function so I can delete the obsolete vaults. Do I do it within the application or do I log in and do it online?

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @jbranning :)
    I have always done management functions such as deleting empty vaults through the web interface in your browser. There is no way to do so in the application that I know of.

Hope that helps.

• @jbranning On behalf of Kate, you're welcome. You can manage your vaults by signing in to 1Password.com in a browser. Check out this article for all the details:

Create, share, and manage vaults

Hope this helps. :)

This discussion has been closed.