1password extension hotkey doesn't work on Firefox

If I click on the 1password icon, it works just fine. But the hotkey CTRL-\ doesn't bring out 1password extension.

I have checked 1password is using Native Messaging protocol.

Firefox is 55.0.3, 64bit. I believe all software components here are up-to-date.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.625
Extension Version: 4.6.10.90
OS Version: Windows10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:firefox extension

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @owlhuang,

Thank you for contacting us! :+1:

Ctrl + \ shortcut does not open 1Password extension in the browser. What it does is to fill your credentials on the website you are on (if the website is saved in your vault). If you want to open 1Password extension, please try to press Ctrl + Alt + \ and let me know if it works for you.

You can also check the list of all available shortcuts in 1Password 4 for Windows here. I hope it helps.

Looking forward to your reply!

Cheers,
    Greg

• owlhuang
    owlhuang
    Community Member

Sorry for the confusion. Ctrl + \ shortcut doesn't fill anything ont he website. In fact, it does nothing.

I re-start my machine and it is now working again. It happens intermittently several times. I'll report again if it keeps happening.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@owlhuang: Please let us know if you bump into issues again. Also, please make sure that you do not have any other apps that might conflict with the use of this shortcut by 1Password. Thanks! :+1:

• owlhuang
    owlhuang
    Community Member

How do I make sure "no other apps that might conflict with the shortcut?" It didn't work even with no other add-on is enabled.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@owlhuang: I thought that you might have an idea of other apps on your PC. If you don't think of any apps, please let us know if the issue returns. Also, does the issue remain in a different browser, e.g. Chrome?

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.