I performed the most recent update (past week) and now mac air will not start.

Options
Kumoi
Kumoi
Community Member

Anyone else reporting the above problem?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I performed the most recent update and now mac air will not start. Anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hey there @Kumoi, :)
    I'd be happy to try and help you if I can, but first I need a bit of clarification. After updating 1Password what won't start? 1Password or your mac?

If it's 1Password, what happens when you try to open it?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Kumoi - I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble! That definitely doesn't sound good. I'd echo @Corey_C's question, however: what did you update (specifically), and what will now no longer start? The more detail you can give us, the better -- though please don't post personally-identifying information in this public forum.

• Kumoi
    Kumoi
    Community Member
    Options

The air starts booting and then, halfway through the "build bar," goes to black screen with intermittent white rotating bars. I re-started in restore mode and used disk utility to fix any broken links but there were none. But it did the same thing afterwards. I tried safe mode but it would not boot in it. (i.e. did the same thing with the rotating white circle.) So I am stuck. About to bring to Apple or restore and put in new OS...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the clarification, @Kumoi - unfortunately, providing support for problems related to the booting of your Mac is a bit out of our purview here. If you have issues with 1Password, we're more than happy to help you troubleshoot, but you'd likely be far better off getting in touch with Apple support for something like what you've described. Good luck!

• Kumoi
    Kumoi
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Lars. I figured it would come to something like this so will check it out with Apple.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Kumoi - Good luck! These kind of problems are quite nerve-wracking. I hope all goes well for you.

This discussion has been closed.