Error: "1password could not create a backup for you there might be a problem with permissions"

Options

Recently (for a week or two) I've been getting this error from 1Password:

"1password could not create a backup for you. There might be a problem with permissions"

I haven't changed permissions on this folder using Windows explorer, so it's probably not that.

I just updated to the latest version of 1Password for Windows and the error persists.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @oldmankit,

Thank you for reaching out! I am sorry for the troubles with 1Password.

Could you please clarify, did you change the default folder for 1Password backups in 1Password preferences?

Additionally, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your device, where you have this issue:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Suapport ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thank you very much in advance! I will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

• oldmankit
    oldmankit
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Greg,

I generated the diagnostics report and was scanning through it when I noticed the backups file. Lo and behold, 1Password has started generating backups again (as of two days ago).

I can only think that maybe restarting the computer since upgrading 1Password fixed it.

I'm happy to close this issue now unless you're keen to look into it.

Thank you very much,
    Kit

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@oldmankit: Oh, thank you for keeping me posted! I am glad to hear that the issue has resolved itself. :+1: If the issue ever comes back, please generate a new report and contact us. We will look into it.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know. Thank you!

Have a great week!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.