To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

how do i change the "sign in address" and "email address" on an account?

Options
cascadejoshua
cascadejoshua
Community Member
edited September 2017 in Memberships
  1. my email address I used on the 1password account is no longer going to be valid,. How do i change to a new password?

2. How do i change the "Sign in address" on the account?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how do i change the "sign in address" and "email address" on an account?

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @cascadejoshua :)
    In order to change your sign in address you need to sign in to the 1Password web interface on your browser. Once signed in, click on your name in the top right corner and press "My Profile". Next to "Sign-in Details" there will be a Manage button. Click that and choose "Change Email" then follow the onscreen prompts to change the email for that account.

Once changed, 1Password will prompt you about a log-in error on all your devices. Simply enter in your new email and your master password and all should be good.

Hope that helps! Let me know how it goes. :)
    Corey

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @cascadejoshua -- just wanted to chime in here and say @Corey_C is exactly right -- follow his excellent instructions and you should have no problems!

• cascadejoshua
    cascadejoshua
    Community Member
    Options

thanks. this was all helpul. BUT it says that a gmail account is an invalid domain and to contact an administrator. gmail is all that i have. please advise

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cascadejoshua -- that's what I get for saying you should have no problems! -- you had a problem. Sorry about that. :) If you're getting a message to contact an admnistrator, that means you're a member of a 1Password Teams account. They work a little differently from individual 1Password accounts. With an individual account we accept virtually any email address, because you're the only person using it.

With a 1Password Teams account, the Owner(s) or Admin(s) of the account will have set up a list of allowed email domains. This is done as a security/abuse prevention measure. Typically this would be the company email domain, but it can also be more than one domain -- your team Administrator will know what the allowed domains are. We disallow several of the major free email domains like gmail.com, yahoo.com, etc. by default, as these would allow anyone with an account at one of these providers to at least theoretically be able to try signing up for your team.

You'll need to get in contact with one of your team's Owners or Administrators to get guidance on how to proceed. Let us know if there's anything else we can assist with!

• gwl
    gwl
    Community Member
    Options

Has it moved? I do not see it in the current MyProfile screen

• Ben
    Options

Hi @gwl

Which option are you looking for?

Ben

• seqteq
    seqteq
    Community Member
    Options

Does anyone answer customer questions here at all? 5 search results for better understanding of sign in address issues and they’re all unanswered.

What the

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@seqteq

I am not sure I understand your comment. Can you please clarify what you are referring to so I can help you?

This discussion has been closed.