Lost password, reinstall directions requested

Options
ronpaley
ronpaley
Community Member

Hello, I was an early supporter and purchased the family 1Password4 in 2014. I subsequently never really used it and lost my password. So, now I'd like to install across our families computers and devices. Please assist me. I do have the serial #.

1Password Version: he
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I purchased 1password4, family. I forgot my password.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ronpaley - welcome to the forum! I've answered your question directly via email, so please check there -- if you don't see a message from us, check your spam or bulk folders, as sometimes unsolicited email from our domain can get marked as junk by overzealous spam filters (the nerve!). :)

ref: YRR-42638-664

• LoekWorm
    LoekWorm
    Community Member
    Options

Please help me out. I had a perfect working and actively using 1Password on my Macbook. But it seems with a new browser I downloaded a new version and now the problem starts!
    I don't have all the passwords and it seems the fill in does not work any more! After a couple of years happy with 1Password I now am getting desperate.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @LoekWorm! I'm sorry for the trouble, but without a little more information, it's difficult to say what might be wrong and how we might best help you right it. Can you tell us what specific version you're using of macOS, 1Password, browser, and the 1Password extension. Please also tell us what method of sync you're using as well as what you you using previously, before things stopped working the way you think they should. Thanks!

• LoekWorm
    LoekWorm
    Community Member
    Options

Lars, thanks for you quick reply.
    I use macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
    In a Safari 12 browser
    And just downloaded - 1Password 6.8.9 for Mac because it did not work at all with 1Password7
    When I open 1Password I do not see all my most recent saved passwords - what worked earlier this week before new download
    AND when I open 1Password and visits e.g. LinkedIn it does not give this as a suggestion (saved in 1Password)
    AND I can not use the auto fill - what worked earlier this week before new download
    Please HELP this 1Password user out!!!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@LoekWorm - it sounds like I should take a closer look at what 1Password data is on your Mac. To do that, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#DHD-48562-277]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @LoekWorm only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: DHD-48562-277

• LoekWorm
    LoekWorm
    Community Member
    Options

I just did Lars, hope this wil help u out!

• LoekWorm
    LoekWorm
    Community Member
    Options

Lars,

I received a tip to re-install via AppStore purchases and that worked. So I have got all my passwords back.
    But I think you 1Password removed the plug-in in this version to work great with Safari. I understand the commercial perspective to upgrade users to the paid per month version.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@LoekWorm - glad to hear you've managed to get your data back. In version 4, 5 and 6 of 1Password, your data was stored in different places depending on whether you were using 1Password downloaded directly from us or from the Mac App Store. In 1Password 7 for Mac, however, both versions use the same data location.

Safari 12 brings a couple of major changes with it. The main one is the retirement of the older .safariextz-style extensions and replacement of those with the newer Safari App Extensions (SAE). If you had tried out 1Password 7 for Mac, that contains the newer-style extension, so if you then reverted to 1Password 6 for Mac, you would need to re-download and install the older style extension again, from the Safari Extensions Gallery.

This discussion has been closed.