open url and fill in username / passwword

Options

I use 1Password on a Mac and on Windows as well. On my mac in 1Password I have a button next to the url in each item and when I click that button 1Passwords open the url in the default browser and fill in both the username and the password and gets me logged on. I can not seem to find this feature in the Windows version of 1Password. So I am looking for a way to open an url and fill in the username and the password with one click from within 1Password itself.
Is this feature available in 1Password for Windows?

1Password Version: 6.7.457
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: W10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hi @meh1965,

Thanks for writing in.

You can do the same thing, click on the URL within the item's details view or double-click on the said item in the item list, 1Password will perform the Go and Fill feature for you, this is true for both Windows and macOS. The difference is that the Windows version doesn't yet have the hover UI experience for any field you hover over to do the default action that the macOS version does. We do plan to add this in a future update to the Windows version once we figure out how to replicate the hovering UI.

You can also bring up 1Password mini in your browser by using the keyboard shortcut, Control + Alt + \, type right away for the item you want to open, and press enter or click on it to do Go and Fill.

• meh1965
    meh1965
    Community Member
    Options

Go and Fill doesn't seem to work for both the item list and the item's details view. Do I have to activate this Go and Fill feature in some way?

• Hi @meh1965,

No, it should work out of the box. I just tested it with the same versions you have, Windows 10 and 1Password 6.7.457.

1. What browser is your default on your PC?
    2. When you double-click on the item, nothing happens or your browser opened but your 1Password data isn't being filled?
  • meh1965
    meh1965
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Thanks for your reply
    IE11 is the default browser.
    The browser opens but the data is not being filled.

• Hi @meh1965,

1Password 6 does not support IE11, we don't have a plug-in for it. However, we are currently beta-testing the new 1Password extension for Microsoft Edge if you want to give it a try.

• meh1965
    meh1965
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Thank you. I was aware of that. Does it imply that Go and Fill doesn't work in IE either?

• MikeT
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hi @meh1965,

Yes, Go and Fill is a feature of the 1Password extension integration with the browser. Go means opening the site in your browser and then inform the 1Password extension to grab the specific data to decrypt and fill.

• meh1965
    meh1965
    Community Member
    Options

I didn't know that. I will change my default browser to Chrome and check if it works.
    I'll keep myself far from Edge if you don't mind. :-)
    Thanks for your time and trouble. It's really appreciated.

• You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.