How To Include Images of Front and Back of Loyalty Cards in Membership Category, Credit Cards, etc?

We just began our Teams membership at the end of August.
How do I include large and legible images/pics of the front and back of items such as membership/loyalty cards in the Membership category, driver's licenses in the Driver License category, passports in the Passport category, credit and debit cards in the Bank Accounts category, etc? For example, I've included some info for an AVTRIP card in the Memberships category but can only figure out how to include a super small image of the front of the card at the top left beside the Title.
I am using a Windows-based laptop. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:images

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @michellegwilson3! You shouldn't be using the icon location for images of your documents (or anything else). What you're looking for is the Documents category. With 1Password open on your Mac, click the plus button and choose Document. It should be pretty self-explanatory from there. Once a Document is saved within 1Password, you can link (associate) it with any number of other existing items in your vault. Open the item you want to link the Document with in 1Password for Mac, click the Edit button, and you'll see the Related Items section down towards the bottom. You can choose Link Existing or Add New File (if you haven't already saved a particular Document yet).

• michellegwilson3
    michellegwilson3
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

Thanks for the reply, Lars. I opened an existing item (Hertz) in the Membership category, clicked the Edit button, but I do not have a Related Items section down towards the bottom. The options to choose Link Existing or Add New File (if you haven't already saved a particular Document yet) are non-existent.

I attempted to provide a snippet of my 1Password screen:

I attempted to copy and paste my screen:

I am using Windows 10 Home on an HP Envy 17 Leap Motion SE NB PC laptop.

ref: FHL-12956-135

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@michellegwilson3 - thanks for the clarification. This functionality does not (yet) exist in 1Password 6 for Windows. It's coming, but I don't have any news to share with you about specific timelines. My apologies for not mentioning that in my earlier reply. However, you can do the same thing on either 1Password for Mac or 1Password for iOS if you have 1Password on either of those devices.

• michellegwilson3
    michellegwilson3
    Community Member

Thank you, Lars. I still have some confusion.
    Question 1) Does this mean that I cannot include or link images of a Driver's License, for example, along with the text information in the Driver License category, since I am using Windows 10 on my laptop?
    Question 2) Can I include or link images of a Driver's License, for example, along with the text information in the Driver License category, on my iPhone 7 which uses iOS?
    Question 3) In the Documents Category, I seem to be able to upload one image per document title. For example, I would like to include pics of the front and back of my debit card. However, it appears that I can upload only a single image. (I am using Windows 10 Home on an HP Envy 17 Leap Motion SE NB PC laptop.)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@michellegwilson3 -- to be clear, Documents functionality does indeed exist in 1Password 6 for Windows -- you just can't link uploaded Documents to other items in 1Password 6 for Windows yet. That's why I mentioned 1Password for Mac or iOS -- because you can do it on either of those devices, and, once the link is made, 1Password for Windows will respect and display it. Try it out on your iPhone 7!

Regarding front/back of credit cards or other items, yes, it's one image per document title. You could create a composite image in an editor with both, then upload that as a single file, which would allow you to display both. What I do is take single images of both, and call it something like LarsDriversLicense-Front and LarsDriversLicense-Back -- and you can associate/link both images with the actual Drivers License record. There isn't any limitation on how many Documents you can associate/link with a record, nor on how many records you can link/associate with a single Document. This can be helpful for things like software bundle purchases, where you get 10 apps for one price, and you've got 10 software licenses for different products, but only one receipt from the vendor with all ten license keys attached. You just upload a PDF or even JPG of that receipt, and you can associate it with all ten software license keys, if you wish.

This discussion has been closed.