Using 1Password on MacOS, iOS and Windows 10 simultaneously

Options

I have 1Password on iOS and MacOS - syncing via iCloud. I also have 1Password for Windows, currently setup to sync via DropBox. As it stands now, the Windows version operates as a stand alone version and I would like to have the data that I use with the iOS and MacOS versions sync with the Windows version. I don't need the DropBox data and will delete it once the Windows 1Password is syncing with iCloud. My question is: can you set up the Windows version so that it syncs via iCloud?

Thanks,
Arthur

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• arthurwest
    arthurwest
    Community Member
    Options

BTW, MacOS version = 1Password 6;
    Windows version = 1Password 4
    iOS version = 6.8.1
    Arthur

• Hi @arthurwest,

Thanks for writing in.

Unfortunately, the short answer is no. Apple does not have a ready-to-use Windows implementation for iCloud sync service that we can use. 1Password does not use iCloud Drive but the internal iCloud sync feature that stores your app data within your iCloud account's private database. Only macOS and iOS have this built and other platforms would require a heavy investment into replicating the entire iCloud sync services using Apple's Javascript Web Services API. At the moment, this is not an investment we can do yet.

The only options that works on all platforms with 1Password is Dropbox or 1Password.com service that we provide that wouldn't require Dropbox or any other third party because 1Password.com is built into the 1Password apps itself. There are other benefits to 1Password.com service that you can check out here: https://support.1password.com/why-account/

This discussion has been closed.