Issue on grouping and sorting CJK-characters names in the item list

Itsuki
Itsuki
Community Member

Hello,

As I knew, 1Password use system control for sorting the item list, the "Finder's sorting of filenames". However, this causes the grouping and sorting issue of CJK-characters names in the item list.

For exemple, assuming we have a list of 7 items: Apple, Nike, Reddit, Twitter, 네이버 (Korean for "Naver"), 楽天 (Japanese for "Rakuten"), 淘宝 (Chinese for "Taobao") and 腾讯 (Chinese for "Tencent")

The right grouping and sorting list, which can be seen in Contacts, WhatsApp and many other social apps, should be:

A

• Apple

N

• 네이버
  • Nike

R

• 楽天
  • Reddit

T

• 淘宝
  • 腾讯
  • Twitter

However, in 1Password, we see the list as:

• 네이버

• 楽天

• 淘宝

• 腾讯

A

• Apple

N

• Nike

R

• Reddit

T

• Twitter

We can clearly see the efficiency gap between two list. This is an example of 7-item list. In fact, when I have a list of hundreds, which is quite normal for a power user, I get lost in the search.

This issue occurs in macOS and iOS. We have the right grouping and sorting list in Contacts.app and many other social apps in these two platforms.

1Password Version: 6.8.1 (macOS), 6.8.2 (iOS)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.12.6, iOS 10.3.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Thanks for the feedback, @Itsuki. :)

Ben

• Itsuki
    Itsuki
    Community Member

I like using 1Password, but this problem has existed for a very long time. Maybe the developper team might not use CJK languages as default language, but for the CJK languages users, this really affects the experience. Really hope it could be fixed :) Thanks.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2017

I don't believe we have any CJK language users on the team, but I certainly understand your perspective. I will be happy to pass the suggestion along to our developers.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.