1Password won't unlock on secure desktop after latest update.

I sometimes opt to unlock 1Password on secure desktop and have never had an issue until I installed the latest update to 1Password 4 this August. After I input the master password on the secure desktop, nothing happens when I hit unlock, cancel or the x to close the window. I have to exit out of secure desktop by hitting escape, but I found I can unlock the vault if I enter my master password on the main screen.

Any suggestions?

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.6.11.91
OS Version: Windows 10 10.0. 15063
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello there @spacedzero,

I am sorry to hear you bumped into troubles with the latest 1Password 4 update. Let's investigate!

First of all, please try to reboot your computer and see if it helps. A lot of tiny glitches has been resolved when rebooting after installing a 1Password update.

Secondly, please specify if you are running any kind of anti-virus/anti-malware software on this PC. We had similar reports when AV software was affecting 1Password behaviour, so we need to rule it out.

Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Caro_Bru
    Caro_Bru
    Community Member

Hi
    I had the same problem and cannot now access all my passwords - Ive contacted 1 Password MANY times in the past 24 hours but nothing has helped. Its very annoying so I am busy transferring my passwords to another password saver.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@Caro_Bru: I am sorry to hear that you are having such experience with 1Password! We are here to help, so could you please specify, are you able to unlock 1Password without Secure Desktop, as spacedzero described above?

We have also replied to your last email. If you generated a diagnostics report, it would be really helpful. Please check your inbox. Thank you very much!

ref: EHF-19736-852

• Caro_Bru
    Caro_Bru
    Community Member

Hi Greg
    I'm not sure how to offer a diagnostic report as I cant unlock the old or the new 1 Password. Attached is a print screen of the window I have when I open 1 Password 6
    Regards
    Carolynn

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Caro_Bru,

It seems that your issue is quite different and I just sent an additional email to you. Please check your inbox. Thanks! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.