Login process: Fingerprint vs. MasterPassword & PIN

Philipp
Philipp
Community Member
edited September 2017 in Android

Hello!
At the moment I use the option fingerprint to login into my 1Password safe. But maybe it isn't so secure than a masterpassword and/or pin option. So here I have a short question/request to you:

• If fingerprint is enabled I can login into 1Password with my fingerprint always, even if 1Password was closed from the background.
  • If I turn off fingerprint and switch to masterpassword and pin, then I can use the pin if the app is still open in the background only.
  • If the app was closed in the background before, I have to enter my masterpassword again.

So maybe can make a change or add an option, that I can use the pin when beforehand 1Password was closed in the Background also?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Philipp. Your data is encrypted with your Master Password, even if you're using a PIN code or Fingerprint Unlock. When you enable Fingerprint Unlock, 1Password stores an encrypted version of a secret that is equivalent your Master Password. You can unlock with your fingerprint as long as this secret is stored in memory. When the secret is erased, you'll need to decrypt with the Master Password again.

Have a look at our Knowledgebase for more info on Fingerprint Unlock security.

That said, I'll pass your request for being able to change the 'Request Master Password' settings on to our team. Let us know if you need anything else! ref: OPA-849

This discussion has been closed.